Home Buying in Buffalo>Question Details

Jeanette Riv…, Home Buyer in Buffalo, NY

Home purchase FHA loan

Asked by Jeanette Rivera, Buffalo, NY Sun Feb 10, 2013

I have paid off a collection account and paid down credit cards credit score doesn't reflect that. Will I be able to ask for a FHA loan

Answers

2
Meghan Meier’s answer
Hi!
I'd be happy to see if your score qualifies you for an FHA loan yet. Sometimes tradelines don't report new activity right away, but we can do a rapid rescore to see where you are at presently. I can also counsel you on anything else that needs to be done to get approved.

Meghan Meier
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Proficio Mortgage
877-315-0683 X 7047
mmeier@proficiomortgage.com
http://apply.proficiomortgage.com/mmeier
"National Lender, No Money Down Programs Still Available"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
It may take a few months Jeanette for you to see the payments reflect on your credit report and score. Have you contacted a mortgage broker yet? They should be able to give you a good idea if you can be Pre-Qualified for a home purchase. Also checkout Homefront in Western New York works in conjunction with First Niagara and M & T Bank. They have a first time home club that match's your deposits if you stay in the program. If you complete it they match it at 4 to 1 margin. It all goes to your closing cost's. The program can vary from 10-12 month's, in case you were looking to move quickly.

I also included a link for Homefront for you to check out. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Craig Wheeler
Licensed Real Estate Associate