Home Buying in Louisville>Question Details

Lou, Other/Just Looking in

Home prices in the Louisville area.

Asked by Lou, Fri Jan 18, 2013

Me and my wife are contemplating a move out of NY state to the Louisville area and looking at some house prices in the area they seem very affordable compared to similar homes in the western New York area. The question I have is why are the homes prices and property taxes so low in this area.? For a comparable home here in NY I would pay close to 15-20k more and pay twice if not three times the property taxes on. Thank for any clarity anyone can give.

Answers

3
B.j. Payton’s answer
Hello Lou, it is just economics, boils down to just dealing with a different number value. This all averages itself out. The average wage in Louisville is less than it is in New York and the cost of living is a great deal less in Louisville as in New York... Lou, my advise would be a well planned trip to visit the Louisville Metro area for a week or so, and to familiarize yourself with the areas that may be of interest, with regards to proximity to school districts, to and fro from work, desired amenities etc.. One thing of value: I would also contact our relocation department, this is of great value in regards to any questions you may have, they may also assist in any issues that may have not come to thought. Everything that will empower you to make the wisest decisions available. Hope this has been of some help. Feel comfortable Lou.... Give me a call if need be.

Take care.
Your welcome Lou, I'm glad that you have had the oppurtunity to visit the Louisville area. It gives you a big advantage, and having family here is fantanstic. I know to make that move to a different state is a big decision, not to mention what seems like a million details to sort through. Lou take care, and have a great upcoming week ahead.
Flag Sun Jan 20, 2013
Thanks for the info. I am going to bookmark your website for when we need it. We already know the area since we visit family that lives in Louisville at least 3 time a year. From my early research the average wage is probally the same or even more than were we are now. We now live in the Buffalo area which has a lower average wage than the rest of the state. Thanks again and we will be in touch in the future.
Flag Sun Jan 20, 2013
Our local government doesn’t waste as much money as NY. And the hard expenses like snow removal is a lot less, we still have salt from the 80’s. Not as much bridge expense, HAHAHA. And let’s see, not as densely populated so we spend less on jails and prisons.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Hey there-

i grew up in Vestal!

Indeed the prices here in Louisville are affordable, always have been, which is part of the charm.

Being in mid-America, it seems we were never hit to hard by the bubble, and the matter of supply vs. demand applies here to Louisville Metro.

We are expanding however, building new attractions like the new Yum Center Stadium, etc.

We also preserve well-- we have more park land in the country, as well as Victorian Homes and Bungalows, Arts&Crafts etc.

Feel free to hit us up on http://www.louisvillehouse.net to see detailed searches here in Louisville, Old Louisville, St. Matthews, Cliffton, The Highlands, Mockingbird Valley, and other beautiful places to chose from.

Thanks!
Allison

Allison Scott-Eagan
Eagan Team Realtors
Distinctive Property Specialists and
Real Estate Investment Consultants
Accredited Platinum Real Estate Professional, APREP

24/7: (502) 634-8001
FAX: (502) 416-0663
Eagan Team - RE/MAX Metro
http://www.eaganteamrealtors.com