Snoopie0903, Home Seller in South Philadelphia W...

Home on the market for 5 months with no showings in 19145. Priced correctly according to realtor..what would be the problem?

Asked by Snoopie0903, South Philadelphia West, Philadelphia, PA Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Snoopie, Larry and Richard below are correct: while "location, location, location" still applies and cannot be changed, once a property is listed, if there is no activity (inquiries, showings, offers), then it is "price, price, price". The National Association of Realtors has done much research into this and has many stats to analyze across the county. It is because of this research that I confidently say it is price.

With regards to marketing, our MLS now feeds listings to the most popular consumer sites such as Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, etc. I am confident the consumers ARE finding your house.

A couple things that DO help is staging and professional photos. Speak to your Realtor about all this and good luck!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
house is on all of these sites...i think it is his marketing skills personally and i m stuck with him until October and he does not realize that i need to get my senior mother out of this house asap
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Do you now live in the house or is it an investment property? When you say "No Showings" do you mean no appointments? This question you will need to ask your Agent how many call from the sign and other marketing have been received. The other two answers are correct but if it is only on the MLS or listing service and the general public doesn't have access to those sites then how do they know about it. Try going to Google and type the address in and see what comes up Pleas4e feel free to call me at the numbers below

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
267-934-1971 (cell)
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
It is my mother's home who is a senior and I am trying to move her closer to family because she is ill..Houses do move in the area just seems like her home sits idle. I think it is the realtor to be honest with you
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Larry is right and makes a good suggestion. It's price, condition and location and price cures any issues with the other two. Have you adjusted the price during this five months? If your realtor can't show you that you are priced ahead of the completion and in line with recent comps, adjust the price so that you are. If nothing happens within two to three weeks adjust it again. Eventually the market will agree with your number and you will trigger showings and hopefully an offer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
the location is fine i think it is because it is an older home and needs updating,however i feel that the realtor does not realize that my mother needs to get out of this home...i cant stress that enough to him
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
I would suggest your Realtor is wrong. When homes don't get showings and don't sell, the answer is always the same, "It's the price"

Have your Realtor show you every home within a 1-2 mile circumference of your home that's within 20% on either side of your home in terms of size that's actively on the market, under contract or sold within the past 6 months and study the data together. Unless there are absolutely no sales at all (indicating no buyers on the market) then I know you'll find it's the price.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
i know he is wrong and i have been telling him that for months and stuck with him until October unfortunately
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012