sschraven, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, VA

Home locator specialist earnings

Asked by sschraven, Arlington, VA Sun Feb 23, 2014

I'm starting my own business as a home locator specialist for buyers. Its a personalized, tailored home location service. ILH caters to individuals with demanding schedules. Whether you are a professional, stay-at-home mom, or just need someone to do home-buyer research to help you find your dream home. Its research and informational purposes only. There will be no buying of, selling or negotiating on behalf of the buyer by me. I'm trying to find a comparable position to determine what to charge. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Answers

4
Your services sound first rate, and exactly like the ones I offer my clients free of charge, so I'm not sure there will be much of a market for them, since I'm sure I'm not the only Realtor offering these services. If it's not your only product in your prodcuct line it may work, but the savvy buyer should know that finding the right Realtor will provide all of these services and more. Best of luck...5
Thanks so much Jim! You are correct there are first rate realtors in this area that offer these services and they should be the standard. In my home buying experience, they're not. I do hope to network with terrific realtors in this area to partner and help shorten that closing process. Best of luck to you as well. My husband and I are HUGE fans of Key West!!
Flag Mon Feb 24, 2014
Great questions all. Thanks for asking. You're all correct. They can do all of this themselves. I'll work with buyers that have no free time or want someone to do this for them for the convenience. The business model here is more personalized and the information more comprehensive. The goal is to shorten the sales process and have ready to move in buyers for realtors. I'm also networking with Mortgage brokers who will also have pre-approved buyers. They won't receive automatic emails of properties and my hands on approach will do the following.

After meeting to discuss their home wish list, I'll do the following:
• Conduct online research to find homes in the neighborhoods you identify.
• Visit homes you identify and do a video walk-through of the home where possible. Buyers may get a personalized, close-up look of the property.

• But I'll go above and beyond that by providing a comprehensive report summary of about 5-7 properties which will include the following:

o Offering Price details
o Home Condition details
o Neighborhood details
o Video of the Property where possible.

I am an affiliated member of NVAR. Like pest control or appraisers I have a CAC for the lock box code. Again, think of me as a personal home locator. In my networking I will also share a list of Realtors and Mortgage brokers with the buyers too, of which I already have POCs, one of which is from Keller Williams. Let me know if you have any more questions and/or the "devils" advocate aspect. Would love to meet with you to go over in detail my business plan and comprehensive report. Let me know if you're interested and thanks again for the questions.
How is this different than when an agent does it?
Hello SSchraven,

Why would someone pay you to find homes when they can work with a professional realtor at no cost to them?

How do you let them into the homes to view them or how do you get in to preview the homes? You need to find another niche.

Jeanne Little
Keller Williams