rthsmail, Home Owner in Corvallis, OR

Home Value Next To A Go Cart Track? Does It Affect The Home Price ?

Asked by rthsmail, Corvallis, OR Mon Jul 8, 2013

A bowling alley and mini golf course were developed behind our home in a residential developed neighborhood. Now they want to add a go kart track. We do not want the conditional use application to be approved but I am having a hard time finding facts to back it up. I want to know if the addition of this track will affect the value of my home?

Answers

4
As a Licensed Real Estate Professional I would think it would decrease the number of buyers who would be looking at your home as oppose to similar homes without the noise of a go cart track. I am not a licensed appraiser so I can not speak to value. Contact a local licensed appraiser and see how they would figure that into the value of your home. If you need any real estate advice I would be happy to help you.
Impossible to put a VALUE on it!
But, I cannot think of too many buyers who would look for a situation like that.
Maybe a family with 5 teenages;
would that be a good-thing or a bad-thing?
I agree with the existing answer-it depends on what the next buyer is looking for - if they like entertainment that close it might be a plus. For most of the clients I seem to be showing these days though, location is very important and that kind of noise would be a negative.
rthsmail,
Finding indisputable facts for a go kart track may be hard to find. Location is the first rule of real estate, the question in some buyer' s mind will be does this hurt or help. I think that if the track is run till late at night, with music or loud noises, it would eliminate some buyers looking for peace & quiet. On the other hand, if there is a bowling alley and mini golf already there, it may be tough to overcome. The next buyer of your home may find the close by amusement a benefit, but no one can say how many buyers may be looking for this feature versus a quiet place.