Shekhar, Home Buyer in 20148

Home Inspectors for new homes

Asked by Shekhar, 20148 Wed Sep 26, 2012

I am planning to buy new home in Brambleton, 20148. Do i need third party home inspection. If yes then normally how much typically would cost that including Pre-Drywall and on completion.

Answers

7
Hi Shekhar:

I would strongly recommend that you utilize the services of a home inspector for both your pre-dry wall and final home inspections. Costs will vary depending on the size of the home but budget for around $600 for both.

It's important to identify any potential issues sooner than later and to make sure your builder knows what you need to be address and to get any issues resolved in an timely manor.

One of the many values that your working with a good realtor brings to the relationship, is that they should have a strong rolodex of contacts to confidently guide you to successfully address issues like this or any part of the home buying process. The bottom line...a good realtor will guide you in making smart decisions throughout the home buying process.

Best of luck and if you need any additional information please feel free to email me at randylucas@socialsmarthomes.com or call me at 703.906.0000.

Randy Lucas
Hi Shekhar,
I highly recommend you have a home inspector examine the house before you buy. Typically, it cost between $350 - $500. Use a local site like Yelp to find a company with good reviews. The inspection will take approximately 3 hours and you will receive a written report with pictures that will help you negotiate repairs. The inspector will also teach, guide and educate you on how to take care of your new home.
Inspectors will look for code compliance, violations and safety issues. If you don't get an inspection you may discover problems later and have a very difficult time getting the builder to make the repairs or changes.
Best to you
Janet McCarthy
Professional Realtor
Connect Realty
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Yes, it's always a smart move to get a home inspector. It can range from 250-600 depending on what the inspector needs to do. Our office is here in Brambleton and we can give you some references for home inspectors. Sounds like you not using an agent to represent your interests. We're involved with several new construction contracts in Brambleton now and one of the builders tried to take advantage of our clients with a mistake the builder made. In doing much research for our clients we were able to have the builder remove those additional charges and saved our clients an additional $5,000. Keep in mind the the representatives at the new homes work for the builders, not for you! An agent would work solely for you.

Give me a buzz or email me for more information.

Joe
703-929-5716
joe@joeknowsva.com
You should have an agent helping you when you buy a new home. Call me I can be a big help at no charge to you!
Hi Shekhar, highly recommended with new construction. Cost in this area for both Insoections should run $600 and up.

And as always, best to consult a Realtor as well. Too often buyers make purchasing mistakes that negatively affect resale values, mistakes that could have been avoided had they worked with good Realtor.

Best of luck and if you'd like to discuss further, email or call anytime. mattE@kw.com and 703-627-2167.

Matt Elliott
Shekhar,
I would highly recommen an inspection even if its a NEW built home.
The inspction you get iy done is by your choice and will look at your interest first.
Even though the builders have 3-4 stage on inspections.
I have seen many new homes missing out on certain essentials and safety issues also.
These can be costly later on whenit comes time to sell.
Here is Hosuton a final inspection runs about #
$400 for a house of under 3000 sf.
Good Luck and best to seek a Realtors advice.

Kadibhai (Kadi)
Better Homes & Gardens Gary Greene, Realtor Katy/Houston
Phone: 832-228-7978
Fax: 281-646 1841
Email: kadi.kadibhai@garygreene.com
Web: http://www.har.com/kadi
"The highest compliment I am ever given is when
I am referred to your family & friends!"
Shekhar
its a good idea to have home inspection at pre-drywall stage. final inspection is cosmetic for new home and builder has warranty. but framing inspection is always helpful to know quality of construction

Kamal Singh
703-728-3403
novarealtor@gmail.com
http://www.vamdnewhomes.com