Home Buying in Eagle Rock>Question Details

cuichunrong60, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Home Heater in Los Angeles

Asked by cuichunrong60, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jun 10, 2012

Is there any heater needed in the home of Los Angeles? If yes, How are homes heated in winter time of the city generally? When is winter time(from which month to which month) in the city?

Answers

7
You need to have heat in any rental property ,usually it can be cool from October-March on & off ,so you might want to turn on the heat a few times at night to take the chill off ! Good luck !
The homes are usually heated with gas, Winter is normally from late November until early March. It is usually not cold the whole time there are a couple of days in a row that will be in the low 30's not more than 3 or 4 though than it will warm up before another cold front. The normal winter temperature is between 50-60 during the day and 40-50 at night.

Zack King
01882407
Keller Williams Estates Calabasas
(818) 825-7388
Zking1@live.com
http://www.PetPlanetRealty.com
Yes believe it or not, the winter months in Los Angeles can get quite cold. I've never seen a home without heat . Many homes also have Air Conditioning for the warm Summers as well.
If you get a loan with F.H.A. or Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae they will require you to have a heater . I think it is a law that each dwelling unit to be supplied with heat,kitchen & a working bathroom.most heaters are gas and we rarely use our heater .It can get cold from November- February at night .
cuichunrong60,
Q&A
1. Yes, a heater and a water heated tank are needed in the home.
2. Homes are heated by either Gas heated water tank or tank-less electric-gas heated water system.
3. Winter time varies in LA, but coldest months are sometimes December, January, and February with low temperatures of 40's and high 60's.

When are you planning to buy?

Douglas Perez
A heater is required by the department of building & safety and by the housing department. You could probably do without but during winter it gets as low as 40 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

The cold months are between the middle of November to the end of April.
Typical heaters are Gas Furnaces, they can be wall mounted or centrally located and the heat distributed but ducts in the ceiling of the houses. Typically a 35,000 BTU would suffice to cover up to 1,500 Sq Ft. (you should verify this). Depending of what part of the world you are from you may think this weather as extreme… if you are close to the equator line, you are probably used to milder temperatures. However for being a northern hemisphere location, Los Angeles has relatively AWESOME weather (especially close to the beach). It does not get super-super-hot and humid… it does not freeze and get icy roads or anything like that… but you are a couple of hours drive from snow, desert, mountains… where you can experience and sorts of climates.

Hope this helps… if you find my answer useful, give it a Thumbs Up, or select it as the best answer!

Ron Escobar, MBA
Broker & General Contractor
ron@select-realestate.com
Yes we do use the heat in the Winter, it can get cold here. Heat is provided in a variety of ways, Central Heating & Air is very common here.
Winter is the same as anywhere else December, January and February. There isn't snow (in most areas) but there is quite a bit in the surrounding mountain . Where Angelinos enjoy a variety of Winter Sports.

I have heard some New Yorkers say, it's colder here at times then in New York! I wouldn't know since I've never spent a winter there so I can't say.

All in all we have the best weather I have ever enjoyed comparing it to many places I have visited.

One cab driver said it best, "LA has two kinds of weather...Good and Better!