:), Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Ho do I do a title search and find out if there's money owing on a property?

Asked by :), Detroit, MI Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

5
Ahh, hi again Myla, this question is clearer. As with your other question, a title search by a title company, real estate attorney or closing firm can get you a full answer to your question, and can sell you title insurace to protect yourself!
Regards, Jim
Myla,
I would suggest you speak with a Title Company who can provide you with all of the information you need.
It is worth the money to hire a title company to search any recorded liens. They will be able to get you the most up to date records.
Well the quickest way to do so, is contact a title company and ask them to do a prelimary title search which they will do for a charge. another way would be to have me pull up the property history, if it sold through our MLS system, I can tell how much the 1st mortgage was at time of purchase. also can give you the sale information, from tax records whether or not it was a listed property
Probably the best way to do this would be to have a title company do it for you.