Home Buying in Indianapolis>Question Details

Willy Wonkaa…, Home Buyer in Central Beaverton, B...

History Needed of Homes in Indiana

Asked by Willy Wonkaaaa, Central Beaverton, Beaverton, OR Wed Jan 16, 2013

I am going to add more to this question so please wait to see the additional info. I can only type 150 spaces here.

Answers

2
Call Jamelle Walker. He will help you.

Jamelle Walker
317-453-0917
jamellewalker2002@yahoo.com
jamellewalker.kwrealty.com

send him this question, he should be able to help you.

Best of luck.
I really like Indianapolis and Indiana in general. I like the frugalness of prices (good and services) and its tax structure.

So here's my question;

The median home value in Indianapolis is one of the lowest in the country, but when I compare the types of homes to other places (city/states) ie, 200-250k the homes seem lacking. Even though the median income in Indianapolis is higher than other places. This is what confuses me.

To explain more of what I mean. When I look at homes in let's say the greater Portland, OR area. I see many homes that just do not have much curb appeal. Oregon is a place where even Phil Knight dresses in a pair of jeans and a t shirt to work. In Oregon their cars and homes depict much of the same. I get that. Although, I don't think Indianapolis is the same. Meaning it doesn't depict the slacker image that Portland tends to be proud of. Funny exaggerated reality video of Portland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_9CzLCbkY

I am curious if you agree or not with this statement and if so why you think this is? Sorry if this comes off as rude. I don't mean it to be. I just assumed since the median home value in Indy is so great that if I were to up the value to 200-250k that I would find some extremely nice homes like you may find in other parts of the country that are similar in population ie., Columbus, OH.
We have a couple of neighborhoods that are similar to the video you posted, Fountain Square in particular. One of my favorite places in the city!
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
Depending on your income you might qualify for a totally new home in an up and coming downtown neighborhood with 3 bds 2 baths 2000sq ft for under $150k. Really, call me and we will talk! 317-430-8233
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
There is a very wide range of home prices in the greater Indy area. 200k will buy you a nice enough middle class home in all of the suburban areas. Downtown Indy has property values that are entirely predicated on the condition of the neighborhood. There are some neighborhoods that have been revitalized over the years where the homes are 500k. One street over you might find a very similar house that has not been renovated for 100k. There are entire neighborhoods that are in the process of revitalization and the property values are showing movement. There are also small pocket neighborhoods, gems that are surrounded by a large blighted area. These pocket neighborhoods are seeing some good movement and it starting to spill into the more blighted surrounding areas. There are some amazing things going on in downtown Indy and there is a growing class of residents who are turning their backs on suburbia and moving into the city. Call me, I love talking about my city 317-430-8233
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013