hpk, Home Buyer in Monroe Township, NJ

High tension lines next to house . approximate 2000 - 3000 feet away. Can that be one of the negative to sell?

Asked by hpk, Monroe Township, NJ Mon Jun 3, 2013

we liked one of the house but High tension line just goes 1500- 2000 sqft next to house. The house is not directly next to high tension line but after house 2-3 houses are there. Then there are trees between the houses. House address is 21 corey drive ,monroe township ,nj (middlesex County).
What's the possiblity that the house will have issue when we will go to sell it in future?

Answers

7
If it concerns you it'll concern others. Hopefully you found a different house.

Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate
Exclusive Buyer Agent
http://HelpUBuyAmerica.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wipynkV4U
It very well could be a detriment to selling. Consult with a local realtor to get another opinion..

Best of luck.

Did you decide to buy the house ?
Hi HPK,

If you are still looking at homes in the area, please feel free to contact me as a Local Area Specialist .

As a Certified Buyers Representative, I regularly consult with my clients to get them the home they want, using a Customized ,Strategic approach.

This means applying my 10+ years of experience to determine what homes represent the best value , based on all contributing factors .

Please contact me to set up a No-Obligation Consultation.

Shalu Thaman
Realtor/Partner, e-PRO,ABR,SRES
Keller Williams Real Estate
ShaluThaman@gmail.com
609-5775861
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
I would say that there are some buyers who might be turned off with the existence of High tension lines. There is a line of thinking that these lines can cause a potential health hazard. There is no proof that I know of to that effect but nevertheless that belief is out there. That being said it could cause an issue for selling in the future especially if further investigation over time proves that High tension lines really do pose a health hazard. I would pass.
Dear Buyer,

With an on-going debate regards to the high tension wire, It may be a potential risk from re-sale prospective in buying close to the high-tension wires.

As far as any health hazards, very difficult to say. There are numerous articles debating no health risks and health risks while buying close to the high tension wires.

I did check 21 Corey Drive in Map and did not find the lines very close to the house. However, it's your decision in the end.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Vishal.
It's a big question....the jury, as they say, is still out on whether or not these cause health issues. I'm not sure if fluctuating high electromagnetic waves health issues will ever be resolved. With that said, and because the jury is still out, you WILL have a good sized section of the 'buyer's pie' that will pass on any consideration. It's just my two cents. Another thing......it will depend on the market at that time. Condition and pricing will ultimately dictate any sale.
If you even suspect it may affect the resale value of the home today, how do you think it will affect potential buyers in the future? Don't listen to real estate "experts" or anyone who could have a fiduciary interest (commission) on a sale. Listen to your own common sense. If you doubt it, so will others.
Flag Sun Jan 12, 2014