Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

askom, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

Hi, we just bought an unfurnished apartment in Naples. I live in Canada and have to buy all the furniture. How would I do it from Canada?

Asked by askom, Naples, FL Mon Dec 10, 2012

Answers

8
When we bought our first place, we called a good furniture store and ordered mattresses only to be delivered the day after we arrived. We brought air mattresses for the first night and had mattresses on the floor while we furnished the condo.

You could hire a decorator to do it for you, as well. There are some great consignment shops too, but I'd think unless you have someone that knows a little about your taste, it may be difficult to do prior to arriving here.
Thank you for this information. We would like to do exactly the same. What store did you buy your mattress from?
Anna
Flag Tue Dec 11, 2012

I would have to agree with Peggy Wagner, especially if you are going to be staying here for an extended period of time.

In my personal experience in shopping here in the Naples area, there are so many different types of retail opportunities for your apartments needs. It can be furnished in a few short shopping trips when you arrive or you can make purchases based on item need as it arises over a longer period of time.

No matter how competitive or affordable interior designers are you can still find better deals on your own if you take the time. Even thru explanation of taste or style no one really knows you better than you and for all you know a new apartment may mean some new styles to match the apartment and area flavor.

If shopping is burdensome, a hassle, or even just simply not a good financial task to undertake based on your schedule or lifestyle, then you can see that many others have offered services for such.

It is also my experience that Angie's List works well for referrals in the Naples area for many many areas of interest.

Best of luck to you!
You will love it here!
Congratulations!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
Gouse's Furniture and Interior will do just that for you. I have clients that work with them and have the necessary items for arrival. They can also send photos and layouts over the computer. Gouse's 24081 US 41, Bonita Springs, FL 34134 (239) 947-6008

Debra McAlister-Brown, P.A., CDPE, SFR, RSPS, PMN, WCR, CIPS

http://www.DebraSellsFlorida.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
I have friends and clients that use Connie Sherrard, a Designer at Baer's Furniture 239-278-4401. They have stores in Naples and Fort Myers. She does this all the time for people. Web, email etc. Takes care of everything...and she is a licensed designer with years of experience,

Best of luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
Gouse Fine Furniture and Interiors - 24081 US 41, Bonita Springs, FL 239-947-6008

Ted furnishes many of the Model homes in the area and his prices are fabulous.

He will work with you and has the patience of a saint and the eye of fine decorator at realistic prices.
I live in Canada myself. Whenever I have to move furniture its very costly... So you should probably opt for furniture purchasing there... find a few online sources by searching google "office furniture in naples"
Naples has a wonderful array of terrific consignment shops offering great values. Many are located on 10th Street just east of 41 near downtown or all along US-41 Tamiami Trail. Some are run for-profit, some are run as not-for-profit. I personally prefer to shop at the not-for-profit consignment shops as not only do I get tremendous value but also have the opportunity to support great causes as well.

If you want new furniture, places like Rooms to Go, Haverty's or Ashley's offer inexpensive options.

No matter which path you choose, ask yourself first, what is the intended use of your apartment? Is it only for your own vacationing pleasure, or do you plan on renting it? If you plan on renting it, before embarking on an investment in furnishing your new place, I recommend you consider closely the costs and possible rents associated with annual or seasonal renting.

We here at NaplesFloridaVacationHomes.com specialize in managing vacation/seasonal rentals and would be happy to discuss further if you like.

Best of Luck to you,
Kristen Jasinski
Kristen@NaplesFloridaVacationHomes.com
847-835-9133
hi there,
got your message my husband is interior designer you can call him give him a budget and he can email pictures of furniture etc...do painting window teatments, flooring furniture etc....
dirk anderson
direct number-239-777-2773
dirkanderson2@gmail.com
will be ready when you arrive then.
all the best,
leann anderon