Home Buying in Oceanfront>Question Details

Sonia, Home Buyer in Oceanfront, Miami Be...

Hi, we are family with two children 9 and 12, we are wondering what's the best place to live in florida with the kids? miami beach? Palm beach

Asked by Sonia, Oceanfront, Miami Beach, FL Sat Feb 4, 2012

garden? We are not sure yet, but probable will be a single house ocean front, or a small farm...

Answers

19
Hi Sonia,

Palm Beach county, especially Boca Raton, has both oceanfront properties and excellent schools. There are some beautiful deals right now on houses. The children can go to A rated public schools, or if you prefer there are a number of excellent private schools. You would be centrally located for travel either north or south, and between Ft. Lauderdale Int'l airport and Palm Beach Int'l airport.

If your preference is for a farm area the western areas of Palm Beach also have many areas that may interest you. There are several areas where you can have horses in your backyard.

If I can be of further service please contact me directly. Thank you.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com
Hi Sonia, I don't know if you've relocated yet but just in case. I taught in Dade/Broward county line (Miami and North Miami), Monroe (Florida keys) and Lee County (Ft Myer/Cape Coral). I would not trade the Cape Coral area for anything in the world. Schools are Excellent! We don't have the issues with the drugs and gangs like I saw in the other areas. This problem I saw in the Broward/Dade area regardless of class. Miami in my opinion is the worst to raise a family. I lived in the Dade/Broward area 26 years. The Florida keys are too boring for them. In Cape Coral there are a lot of community parks that provide tennis courts, kiddie playgrounds, baseball and soccer fields, basketball courts, running/walking courses, etc. Great schools and we have access to many Universities. I hope this is some help to you. Joann
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 30, 2012
Thanks everyone for so many information, we still have a fews months before moving to Florida and at the time we will see the proprieties and see which is in our stand level, we have preference for Palm Beach and second option Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton, but we need to be there to decide it.
Thanks so much
Cheers
sonia figueiredo
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 22, 2012
Hello Sonia,

To me, the best places to live in with kids are Aventura and Sunny Isles Beach...
Schools are great here (public) and private are all around, if your prefer them.
Infrastructures is amazing, you are on or near the beach, and there are great parks, recreational activities, golf courses, anything to do with culture - for kids and adults...
You are not far from Downtown, Midtown, Design District, South Beach - yet, in much more "resort and city in one" environment.

I also suggest to drive by different areas to get a feel for different areas - personally, some areas are
just too "slow" and/or boring for me. Getting some sense of the "vibe" will be truly helpful.

I will be able to help you better, if you email me (confidentially),

Irina Karan
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@google.com
Hi Sonia,

I am a mother as well and also relocated to Miami from NY.

Let me know if you need assistance when you decide to make the move and I can email you listings for you to look at.

I am sure you are aware that buyers do not pay the agent's commission but the seller does.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

I look forward to hear from you soon,

Sophie Bamps
Engel & Voelkers Miami
(305)206-8867
sophie.bamps@engelvoelkers.com
Hi Sonia, I would like to mention there are great homes in Pompano Beach also.In addition, we have properties steps from the ocean in Hollywood in a private community, near great schools. Give us a call or e-mail us. We will be more than glad to send you information and pictures of our listings.
Also, I would like to mention that our loans originators are great, in the case you are considering to finance your home purchase.
Fabian Alvarez propiedadesenmiami2011@hotmail.com
Optimar International Realty
18246 Collins Avenue
We would recommend purchasing a single family home in Fort Lauderdale, below is a link to homes in Fort Lauderdale under $1 million. We would be happy to assist you.
Hello Sonia,
Their are very reasonable and beautiful homes in Miami Beach on The Venetian Islands. If you are looking for farmland you will likely need to be outside of Miami Beach, more towards Davie, which has farm and equestrian zoning. Fort Lauderdale also has some very charming family friendly neighborhoods. For more information please contact me. Best of Luck!
Linda G
Hello Sonia,

I will be happy to assist you, contacme at 786-718-2099. lissyjoffre@hotmail.com.

Lissy jofre
Good Day,. There are great bargains still available in Palm Beach and out of Miami where prime real estate prices have already gone up. If you have the buget, you're best option for appreciation is Palm Beach. Palm Beach Island is safe and a great community to live in at any age. A real bargain built in the 20s, a 4/3/1 with a 2 car garage and pool on a half acre of sandy oceanfront is asking $5.9M. Newer oceanfront is double this price+ Palm Beach Island is very narrow, so any property is near the beach and some beautiful homes are under $2M, now. Also, there's seasonal demand in PB which is not so much the case, in Miami.

Miami oceanfront homes are scarce but there are some availabe for about $8M that are larger and updated. In the next few weeks there's an oceanfront home going to auction north of Vero Beach that will probably go for under $6M. It's not as tropical once you go north of the Big Lake O. My parents lived in Vero which is a lovely but quiet place, .

Small farms away from the Coast are much less expensive if your family enjoys rural living. As you go North and West away from Miami Beach, prices drop. Each community offers slightly different features, but each is just right for some family. I love helping buyers acquire homes that will enrich their family's life, serious buyers that realize how much where they live affects the quality of their lives.Happy Valentine's to You. diana@buymiami-palmbeachhome.com

Best of Days, Diana

Sandoval is a gated family oriented community in Cape Coral. All family and kids planned location. Lagoon pool, gym, football field, volley ball, tennis, basketball courts, horse shoe puts, bocce ball. We decided on Sandoval for our family 12 & 13 year old boys now 3 years running. Schools close by, kids and ride bikes, activities always planned.

Call or email me directly for more info.

Kevin@kevincloutier.com
239-246-6639

Cheers

Kevin Cloutier
Southern Premier Realty
Cape Coral, FL
Hi Sonia,

I have helped many families from all over the world relocate through Prudential Relocation throughout South Florida. There are many considerations that have to go into the decision that I recommend you sit down and discuss with the realtor you choose. Call us if you have any questions we are here to help.

Kenny Raymond

The Raymond International Group
Prudential Florida Realty

Realtor/Associate

(786)443-9649 (cell)

(305)675-2695 (Fax)

kennyraymond@gmail.com
http://www.elitemiamiproperty.com
http://www.theaxisbrickell.com

SEARCH THE MLS LIKE AN AGENT FOR FREE:
http://www.kennyraymond.listingbook.com

825 Arthur Godfrey Rd- 2nd Floor, Miami Beach, FL 33140
Prudential's 2009 -10 year Legend award- Top 10 teams & Chairman's Platinum Circle for Prudential Florida Realty

Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Hi Sonia,
Here in the Ft. Lauderdale area we have some great schools. If you want large land then SW Ranches, Davie, or Plantationa Acres all have great school systems. Pompano Beach High School, not far from Ft. Lauderdale is known as a Magna School, I actually taught at this school years ago when I was a Teacher. These areas are all beautiful and offer loads of activities for young families. I would be happy to give you additional info and email you listings direct from the MLS website for you to review. Please contact me at (943) 648-7334 or by email at jenbabacan@live.com and we can further discuss your specifications.
Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
Please add Fort Myers on the west coast of Florida to your options. We are on the gulf of Mexico, have a great school system, and don't get hit by storms as often as the east coast. There are some homes on the Caloosahatchee river (also known as the Intercoastal) that have acreage for growing veggies, etc.
Hi I have lived in Miami Beach and also in Broward County with kids.
My daughter grew up in Miami Beach nice when they are little but I think when they grow best places for schools are Pembroke, Coooper City and Coral Springs
I know all these areas if you have any more questions please get in touch with me
I will help you to relocate
I have helped lots of couples from all over

Regards
Erika Vass
evass@aol.com
786-229-6279
Hi, you can go to http://www.homeFair.com and click on the City Report section to compare zip codes, get area demographics, crime stats, etc.

Chris
Sonia,

It wonderful that you are considering Florida as destination for your family. The entire coastal state offers something that most other areas does not....an ideal climate and water recreation that knows no bounds.

Parents often place too much emphasis on a location that supports the growth and development of our children. Granted this should always be a consideration but when children reach school age, especially upper elementary and beyond, it's their school friends and programs that capture their attention. Most locations have a variety of programs that are appealing to children as well....YMCA's, museums, recreational programs, art centers, etc. often provide programs that support children activity.

Our recommendation, is to focus on schools with both academic and recreational programs that will meet the needs of the total child and a location that meets your family needs...Children will make the rest happen on their own.

If your interests ever make it to south west Florida, we would be happy to share specific local information with you.

941-408-5363
Dear Sonia,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West, from Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. We landed in Jupiter over 5 years ago and wouldn't trade if for anywhere else and for raising a family the quality of life cannot be beat. You might enjoy reading a brief article I wrote about the area a while back that you can access through this link;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Hello Sonia,

That is quite a wide range of properties and areas that you are looking at. Every person that you will talk to will have a different opinion of the areas. Fortunately I have had the opportunity to live and work in all three counties. I can definitely help you find exactly what you are looking for but I will need to speak with you. We will go over your needs and desires to find the perfect fit for your family. Let me know if I can assist you.

Timothy Linnell
Property Expo Realty
Broker Associate
Cell: 954-401-3497 or 561-290-8488
Email: tim.linnell@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.hotpropz.com