Home Buying in Napa>Question Details

Amy, Home Buyer in Napa, CA

Hi there, what is the best neighborhood to buy a home in Napa?

Asked by Amy, Napa, CA Sun Jun 16, 2013

We are looking at a smaller home in Browns Valley vs. a newer bigger home in north Napa (near Salvator). The schools are comparable, I think. Which neighborhood is better investment?

many thanks

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Napa

Answers

7
Theresa A Clyde’s answer
Hi Amy

I responded to you with an earlier email.

Thanks for your Real Estate questions. Browns Valley is a very nice neighborhood with many homes on larger lots. I like the idea that this area feels like country but is close to home.

Newer homes are nice as they are often more energy efficient and need less repairs.
There are some really nice homes off of Salvador.

You are buying a home in the Napa Valley! Anywhere should be a good investment as long as you don't pay too much for your home.

What is more important, is that are you buying a home that you can afford and want to live in it for 5 years or more. Interests rates went down slightly last Thursday and Friday which is great for buyers.

Please contact me if you need help with the purchase of your home and I will be happy to work with you as my client.

Theresa A. Clyde, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Brokers of the Valley
Direct Cell: 707-330-0199
buyersellerrealtornapavalley.com
Best Napa California real estate http://www.napalisting.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
Hi Amy,

It really depends on the needs of your family when looking to invest in a property that you will call home for years to come. Please keep in mind that there are numerous small neighborhoods within the North Napa and Browns Valley locations that will differ greatly!

So my advice, do your research, ask as many questions as you can think of! Purchasing a home is a large financial undertaking, make sure the neighborhood/home works for you now and in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help!

Thank You!

Kelly Reyes
Kelly Reyes Realty
CA Real Estate Broker Lic#1923738
Direct - 707-363-4890
kellyreyesrealty@gmail.com
Hi Amy

I love this question. I have read what the other agent shared and agree with their comments.
I lived in Calistoga for eight years and loved the smaller quiet neighborhoods.

In Napa proper itself, Brownsvalley is very sought after and is a very nice location. Consider this area for resale in the years ahead when you are ready to relocted.

Alta Heights in the right section can give you some nice views and locates you in a good neighborhood.

The beauty of Napa is that there are so many hidden lanes, drive and vistas that with some time and discovery, you will fine your new home.

Please call me if I can be of any help to you. Once, you find you agent, stay true and they will not disappoint you. We are all hard working her in Napa.
Best Regards, Theresa Clyde, Realtor
707-330-0199
Amy,

If you want to start a heated but friendly discussion... ask that question of people from those
neighborhoods... both groups think their neighborhood is best... and I would have difficulty
making an argument against either... Both are really great neighborhoods... both with equally good strong points with the differences being in the minor points.

Given that both are great neighborhoods, perhaps your decision should be along the lines of which home fits your lifestyle better... the smaller home in Browns Valley with perhaps a more rural feeling/ setting or the larger home in North Napa with perhaps a more urban feeling/setting..

Obviously you have checked the schools and I would agree that both areas have great schools.. the only difference being that the high schools are located more conviently to North Napa..

Bottom line is that as an investment or as just a great place to live, you can't go wrong with either area..

Good luck, and if I can be of further assistance, please contact me.

Charlie Laughlin
Hi Amy: Both areas are very popular and have had great price appreciation. The north area is closer to the popular Trader Joes, Whole Foods complex ,but it would be the value you place on this type of convenience. I would be glad to assist with your search , as I have lived here ( Now N. Napa ) for many, many years. Best Regards Al 337-0896
Hello, probably more kiddos in Browns Valley for community, but both are good investment when it comes to future value/resale. Browns Valley is a local favorite, there will always be a market for that neighborhood. The homes near Salvador (are you referring the subdivision off Haven/Luke?) are newer than most of Browns Valley, and many are larger and more deluxe. So let lifestyle and budget help you decide, both good choices.
Thank you, Sheryl. We saw a couple pockets of newer bigger homes along Jefferson (one on Kingsford, next to the school), but there are also some not so nice looking blocks, like the north of Salvador. Browns valleys, especially upper Browns Valley is very nice, close to hills and seems more exclusive. Which area has less crime? better rental market? thanks
Flag Sun Jun 16, 2013