Jordan Miller, Real Estate Pro in Palm Springs, CA

Hi there... I am a buyer (that is not looking for an agent presently) looking at the Atwater in the South waterfront. Whats everyones thoughts?

Asked by Jordan Miller, Palm Springs, CA Wed Sep 18, 2013

Answers

5
Hello Jordan,

Not sure if you are still considering a condo in Portland or not. I see that you asked your question in Sept.?
If you are thinking about Portland, and more specifically, Atwater Place, you would be making a very good choice. Atwater is one of my favorite buildings! But , with every purchase, you must also look at many factors. Most important is where in the building is the condo located? Is it on the water side of the building? Could the views be blocked by a future building? Many times buyers will try to valuate condos they see online by price per square feet. This is fine to a point. But the values can be VERY different based on where the condo is within the building. Is the unit on the 3rd floor or 23rd floor?While I believe that the finishes in Atwater Place are some of the best of the buildings in South Waterfront, I would also consider a unit at The Meriwether as well. Very nice finishes, some units with amazing river and city views should also be considered. The top floors at The John Ross can also be pretty spectacular as it towers over both Atwater Place and The Meriwether.

As an out of town buyer I would also suggest to you to spend some time looking at some other buildings as well. If you like being on the water, you might also consider Waterfront Pearl in the Pearl District. http://(www.WaterfrontPearlCondo.com) You might also take a look at Pacifica Tower http://(www.pacificaTowerCondo.com) just north of the Pearl District...a little bit quieter than the Pearl but still walking distance. I am a condo specialist and would love to help you in any way that I can. Portland is a great city with a fantastic selection of unique condos and lofts.

Brad Golik
http://www.TheCondoPulse.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
I have a client that purchased in the Atwater a year ago.
It's a very nice building!!
The son in law of my client is an engineer and said it was a very well built building.
The area is still young and is coming together. There is a grocery store that will be going in and quite a few restaurants now. Public transportation including the tram to OHSU and the new MAX line / pedestrian bridge under construction that is very cool - state of the art.
I think it is a great area and will be more so as time goes on.
Sasha Welford, Broker
Debbie Thomas Real Estate
Kelly pretty much said it all. The location today is great but in 5-7 years it will be much better with the new bridge and OHSU going in more towers will be built and just minutes to town on light rail. This area has no where to go but up say if you compare to the noisy Pearl and you don't have the views this area has just on the edge of town. You will love it here. Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX
Hi - this is a beautiful high-end condo building in Downtown Portland on the riverfront. Gorgeous views all around! There are currently 2 units for sale ranging from $730,000 - $895,000, there are 4 units with pending sales ranging from $350,000 - 795,000, and 9 units have sold in the past 6 months ranging from $385,000 - $995,000. You can pretty much explain the range in pricing based on what floor the unit is on - the lower priced units are on lower levels, with the pricing increasing the higher up you go. The average list price for the solds is $637,774 and the average sale price is $635,554. They are selling for approximately $363 per square foot and are on the market approximately 138 days. The 2 units that are currently for sale have been trying to sell fairly consistently since 2006 - one unit is on the 1st floor and one unit is on the 2nd floor. Both units appear to be priced at the range of higher level units, which could explain why they are not selling.

I've attached a link to the website for Atwater Place. There some great info and photos here.

Hope that answers your question - if you have other questions, please feel free to ask!

Blessings!

Kelly Gebler, Principal Broker/Owner
Cornerstone Group NW @ Keller Williams Realty
Find a good Realtor first then have them introduce you to the loan officer they trust the most. Gather all of the support documents that will be needed to apply for a loan and meet with the LO face-to-face, have them walk you through the process and options available, good luck, home this helps,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/