Home Buying in Ashland>Question Details

Jiling, Home Buyer in Natick, MA

Hi, question about 6 kings row, noticed that there is a stream next to the property, its very close. Is it the seasonal stream? also found out the

Asked by Jiling, Natick, MA Tue Mar 2, 2010

whole area is wetland. my concern is the stream is so close, will it cause house demage, are there a lot mosquito? any potential problem. appreciate for your comments

Answers

5
The brook is permenant and in spring becomes more noticeable, it drains off into the Sudbury River. This year that brook became a raging river with the wetlands a lake, many in that area have water issues in their basement during spring thaw. That is what sump-pumps are for. The neighborhood is a nice quiet child friendly area. You are within walking distance to the train.

I have been in this neighborhood 20+ years.
Hi, Jiling:

I have seen this property - about a year ago. It has been on and off the market for almost two years. It is in need of repair but it also has a very unusual layout. It looks as though it may have been a rental at one time.
With regard to the wetland issue that would have to be investigated at the town conservation department. You should have a buyer broker assist you with your home purchase and they will be able to research details like this for you.

I am the Broker, Owner of The Buyers'Counsel, an exclusive buyer brokerage in Ashland. If you would like assistance please feel free to contact me. Please check my website for details.

Best of luck to you.
this question can not be answered here. you or your buyers agent needs to go to town hall and board of health for wetlands and conservation information. the seller should disclose if they have ever had water problems.
As for mosquitos, they bread in wetland areas, but most of this part of metrowest has some wetlands near homes. If this home is very attractive to your family you should pursue it and get the answers from appropriate places i.e. seller, board of health, home inspector etc.
Good luck, let us know how you make out.
John
First of all - streams and wetlands cause mosquitoes - are you ok with that? If so move forward.

Second is the property condition.
Why not make arraingements to go and see for yourself.

Use a buyer's agent to represent you. There is NO charge to you and you can have the experience of an agent who has worked short sales and understands the process.

As for the UA, you have no idea why the deal fell apart. It could have been property condition or financial.

Make an informed decision. Get the facts.

I am n Accredited Buy's Agent in MA & RI. If you are looking for assistance, feel free to contact me.
I think your biggest concern should be the fact that this property has been on the market for almost two years and is a Short sale, sold "as is," and is in need of repairs. I doubt highly this property will close as a short sale. Chances are the bank will just foreclose on the property. I also wouldn't doubt if this property is in bad shape because no one has been maintaining it so it might be very hard to finance. It already went UA once and fell apart.

here are all the details:
http://www.territoryre.com/idx/listings/70940296/details.htm…

I suggest you find another property in Ashland to consider:
http://www.territoryre.com/idx/search.html?search=true&s…
Web Reference: http://territoryre.com