Home Buying in Muscatine>Question Details

Megan, Home Buyer in Muscatine, IA

Hi my name is megan and i live in muscatine, ia. My husband and I are currently looking to buy a home on a rent to own or land contract, now the

Asked by Megan, Muscatine, IA Wed Feb 17, 2010

only problem we have is finding one! So our question is how do we go about finding one and getting in touch with the right people? We currently live in a 2 bedroom home and have 7 children ranging in ages from 15 to 2 months. {just had twins 2 months ago) so we need somthing with at least 4 bedrooms and an asking price of 200,000 or less. we make good money and would have a down payment of 5. so any help would be much appreciated!!!! ]

Answers

2
Travis Reed’s answer
Is there a certain area of town that you are looking for I can send out a mass message to all of the agents to try and find what you are looking for. Also feel free to contact me at sellwithtravis@hotmail.com or on my cell @ 563-506-6050. Also you have 5000.00 to put down?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 18, 2010
Hi Megan! My name is Brenda Morgan I am a realtor from Muscatine Real Estate Associates. I did a quick search for you and it looks like there are 4 homes that may work for you. Just keep in mind most contract sales require 20% down. Have you tried to be preapproved from a lender? A conventional loan usually is 5% down and most FHA loans are usually 3.5% down. Then you would have a greater amount of choices to choose from in the housing market. I would be happy to talk with you anytime. I can be reached at 563-260-2259. Or at Muscatine Real Estate Associates, 1424 Park Ave., Muscatine, IA. 52761
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 17, 2010