Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Chocolotae32, Home Buyer in Monroe, MI

Hi my name is Nichole and my family and I are relocating to Houston, Texas. My husband I want a family oreinted multi- cultural suburb to live.

Asked by Chocolotae32, Monroe, MI Sun Jun 9, 2013

We've looked at Cypress and Katy just name a few... Do you have any suggestions?

Answers

10
Cassandra Vickers’ answer
I think Cypress, Katy, The Woodlands, Sugarland, Pearland, and Kingwood are great multi-cultural areas to live in. It all depends on how much traffic you're willing to sit in on the evenings throughout the weekdays. As far as great school districts, Katy, Cypress, Sugarland, and Pearland has some of the best ratings. In terms of entertainment, Sugarland, The Woodlands, and Pearland are the places to be on the weekend. Hope this helps and good luck with your future home purchase.

Welcome to Houston!!!!!

Cassandra Vickers
Realty Associates
832-298-9062
Sugar Land is one of the. nicest suburbs, conveniently located, and with a very diverse population. Good school, easier to commute from here to the downtown (compared with Katy).

The choice is dependent on your job location. If you can indicate job location, ages of your kids, your range, size of the house you want etc. I will be glad to guide you. My specialty is placing new comers in the most suitable location and give them honest guidance. You can write to me at rm3406@yahoo.com or call me at 832 646 4646. Happy to be of help and service.
Nichole ...

You might also want to look at Pearland. There are a couple of wonderful master planned communities there, homes are reasonably priced, the schools are excellent, there's lots of shopping, and it's a pretty easy commute to Houston ... understand that this is the fourth largest city in the country, and traffic can be a nightmare (this would be true of any suburban community). I really like the area, and believe it would meet or exceed your criteria.

I'd be happy to send you information. Please get in touch, and I'll have it to you by the end of the day. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...
Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Does proximity to his job rate a consideration?
The entire Houston area is multi-cultural! You might want to try http://www.zipskinny.com to compare zip codes here VS the zip code you live in now. Part of the printout includes demographics of the zip codes your looking at.

Also most of the suburbs are very family oriented and feature great schools. Most people start looking in genera areas closer to their employment. Cypress or "Cy-Fair" in northwest Houston is a major growing area due to the future finishing of the Grand Parkway and the expansion of Highway 290 that will improve commute times.

If you would like to review some of the communities in the area, please visit this page on my web site. http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php Please give us a call or email us and we will send you a relocation packet full of helpful information getting you prepared for your move to Houston. Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hello Nichole,

Houston is a huge city with several suburbs surrounding it. Besides Katy and Cypress, you can look into Sugar Land, Woodlands, Bridgeland, Richmond, Spring, and Humble/Kingwood areas. Deciding where you will settle, depends on your priorities and of course, your price range.

If you do not know Houston well, it might be a good idea to rent at least for a short term so you can get familiarized with what different areas have to offer. Your focus might change depending on what is important for you and your family. You may decide that you don't mind commuting far for work, as long as you are happy with certain schools; you might also decide that some specific amenities or surroundings are important to you; you might feel more comfortable with certain neighborhoods more than others, even within a given area.

When are you planning on moving here? What is your price range? Would you like to see a sampling of what types of homes different areas have to offer? If you are not already working with a realtor, I can assist you. If you have specific questions, please feel free to call or email.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
http://www.har.com/persis
Both are great areas... Cypress, Katy, Richmond, Woodlands and Kingwood are all great areas and offer master planned communities. If you have any other questions or would like me to email you examples of properties in these areas let me know.

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com
It depends on where you work really. Katy is great if you are in the energy corridor. Cypress is a little more of a drive but has some fabulous neighborhoods. Bridgeland is one of my faves. Cypress tends to have higher property tax rates but so do parts of Katy.
Houston as a whoke is very diverse and multi-cultural and there are numerous locations that are family oriented. I would be happy to send you some information about the different areas. Feel free to ask.

Bobbie Persky.
713-530-4098
I think that Katy is a great area if you have school aged kids. If not I would not recommend moving here and paying the taxes.