Linda Pinizz…, Real Estate Pro in Toronto, OH

Hi my name is Linda and I am Looking to purchase a property in Florida.I am a real estate agent here in

Asked by Linda Pinizzotto. Realtor (R), Toronto, OH Sat May 17, 2008

Toronto Ontario Canada and my clients are recommending either fort Lauderdale 33308 area or West Palm Beach Boca Raton area.
I require 2 bdrms 2 baths and would like an area which will have a definate increase when property prices stabilize.
Our business is all about referrals so I would like to work with an agent for my own purchase and with confidence to send future referrals for my canadian clients.
thanks so much
Linda
email: LindaRealEstate@rogers.com

Answers

20
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
Linda,

We are currently working with customers from Toronto and have worked with many Canadian buyers in tha past few years. One of our business goals is to expand out marketing plan to include foreign buyers. This is perfect for us.

We are located in southwest florida in the Greater sarasota area where many Canadians have found a life style that meets their expectations.

It would be nice to have a conversation to explore business options and sahre information about Michael Saunders & Company.. Feel free to contact us at any time.

Susan & Bill Eckler
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Dear Linda:

I have lived and worked in the Ft. Lauderdale 33308 area for over 25 years. I would be happy to help you find a great property here! In fact, I have a listing you might be interested in, a 2/2 on the water that is fantastic. Please call or email me, I would love to help you.

Judy 954-646-1437 Judyacalu@aol.com
Hello Linda,

If you are still looking in WPB or Boca give Anthony a call with Zip Realty! He specializes in that area and knows it very well. You may visit on-line at: http://www.anthonylasala.com or the zip link below .

Rich
Hi Linda:

I am an agent /realtor here in Fort Lauderdale. I have lived here for over 20 years. I absolutely love it here.

A large percentage of my business is with Canadian clients, as well as other out of the country clients. I live in a high rise condo on Galt Ocean Mile, which is a mile of condos that sit right on the beach. It is an extremely desirable area, as it is across the street from a supermarket, shops, restaurants, and it is within walking distance to all of these conveniences. And of course, all of these condos are right on the sand.

All of my Canadian and out of country clients want to be right on the beach. No place else. They come here for anywhere from 3 to 6 months from the cold to enjoy our weather, our sunshine, and our beautiful beaches and ocean. They want it all to be easy, easy, easy access. They want to be able to get into their building elevator and to be able to be down on the sand in minutes. They do not want to drive to the beach, and hassle to park, to deal with parking meters,to lug chairs, etc..

Also, my Canadian clients especially always want a south/southeast exposure: they want full sun on their balcony all day, and a good view of the ocean. I would avoid condos with a northern exposure, as you have limited amounts of sun in the winter months, which is when you are most likely to be here. It is so nice to be able to go sit out on your balcony in the sun and have a cup of coffee, or to just relax, instead of having to leave because your balcony is shaded and go chase the sun somewhere.

So I would advise you to definately buy on the beach, as oceanfront will always be desirable and in demand and be easier/more likely to sell, even in a slower market.

I would absolutely suggest Fort Lauderdale over Boca Raton. Fort Lauderdale has a younger and more casual and fun and easy feeling. Also, we have more oceanfront condos here than in Boca Raton. There are not so many buildings on the ocean up there as down here. I do work/sell in Boca Raton, but I often find that after I show property up there, people do not want to pay more money for the name of Boca Raton, when they can get pretty much the same thing down here for less in Fort Lauderdale. If you want to go up to Boca, for dinner or shopping, you are about 20 to 25 minutes away.

We are a year round tourist destination, with a wonderful blend of people here. We have some ritzy, high end hotels/resorts going up on Fort Lauderdale Beach (Trump, The W, etc), so we are not a spring break destination for young kids anymore. We are truly a sophisticated, casual, fun place to be, and it is only getting better and better.

Two bedroom condos on the Galt Ocean MIle start in the mid to high $300,000's, but they will not be updated. For an updated unit, facing south, you will pay starting somewhere beginning in the mid to high $400,000's, depending on the floor and the building. Higher floors often command a little more. Some buildings are more desirable than others, depending on what amenities you want in a building.

Go onto my website, http://www.buyinsouthflorida.com, and look for the link in the second paragraph that says "Galt Ocean Mile": click on that, and you will see a photo taken from the ocean of the Galt, and below that, I have a grid with information on all of the buildings.

There is also another complex that is very desirable for Canadians: it is called Sea Ranch Club, and it is a few miles up/north of Galt Ocean Mile in Lauderdale By The Sea. It is a complex of 3 buildings with a very resort like feeling. It is on 10 acres of oceanfront: the grounds are gorgeous and tropical, with 3 pools, tennis courts, and other amenities. Right across the street is a small shopping mall with a major supermarket, a CVS drugstore, Dunkin Donuts coffee shop, and other business and restaurants. Again, another great and central location. I am working on a page now for my website for the Sea Ranch Club, but it won't be up for a few more days: but if you want, I would be happy to e-mail you condos that fit your criteria for there, for the Galt, or for anywhere else.

Needless to say, I would be happy to work with you to find a condo for yourself. And I would love to work with your clients, and of course, I would be very happy to pay you a referral fee for any and all of your business. Referrals are the lifeline of our business, and I will take very good care of anyone that you entrust to me.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with, and feel free to call or to e-mail me anytime: my contact information is on my website, http://www.buyinsouthflorida.com.

Good luck, Linda, you will love it here!

Best wishes, Ree Abbott
HI LINDA

SOUTH FLORIDA SEEMS TO BE OF GREAT INTEREST FOR CANADIANS THESE DAYS AND YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER THE MIAMI AREA . SUCH AS KEY BISCAYNE AND COCONUT GROVE. MANY FELLOW CANANDIANS ARE BUYING SECOND HOMES HERE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER ASSITANCE 305-794-6001 TERI.TARNOPOL@FLORIDAMOVES.COM
Hi Linda
There are approximately 650 2/2's in the 33308 area. About 200 of those are under $300,000. You weren't very specific as to the amenties or needs you wanted. Are you interested in condo, villa, age restricted? Do you want intracoastal views? If you have a particular community in mind, I would be happy to send more detailed information to you.
hi Linda, You might wish to consider the SW Florida coast. We have less crime, congestion, lower taxes, easier access to beaches, great fine dining and shopping, 20 minutes from a new International airport, Philharmonic, boating, loads of golf courses, 2 Ritz Carltons (the one at Tiburon was just named in the top 10 resorts in the WORLD by Conde Naste magazine. We really have it all. Affordable, exclusive, private and gorgeous.
I would recommend Palm Beach Gardens. My team can definitely help you and your customers find the right property.

Look forward to working with you.
Herman Chang, Real Estate Pro in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Hi, Linda I am a real estate agent at Coldwell Banker in Kendall 305 378-6678. My direct line/ cell is 305-951-6376. I would be happy to help you find the property that you need. Please feel free to call me. You may email me: maryg.williams@floridamoves.com.Thanks Mary G. Williams
Linda,

I was raised in Ft. Lauderdale and am an agent in North Carolina. I have several contacts if you need an agent. Please contact me.
Web Reference: http://amydenison.com
Hello Linda!
I am the broker of SIB Realty. Contact us and we can talk about referral fee for your company.
Evelina . 305-931-6931 SIB Realty
Web Reference: http://www.SIBRealty.com
Hi Linda! I can't be sure why you're looking for a vacation property in South Florida, but I assume that it's probably for the same reasons that South Florida will remain a popular "go to" destination for many years to come. Obviously, we have months of sunshine, great beaches, some of the best dining and entertainment options in the U.S. Because of these lures, pretty much all of this area stands to resume its historically demonstrated appreciation in property values, once the market begins to return to normalcy.

If you are looking for a vacation home, I am guessing that you probably want to be somewhere near the water. Both Miami and Fort Lauderdale have experienced a recent boom in new construction on or near the water, particularly in Miami. Unfortunately, many of these properties were built on speculation because of their appeal to investors, and as a result, there is currently a significant over-supply, which has driven prices down dramatically. If you were looking to buy and hold for at least a moderate (5-10 year) period of time, there are tremendous opportunities to bargain hunt in these new condo developments.

Furthermore, the abundance of new-to-market properties have depressed prices for older developments in the area, so there are opportunities there as well. Keep in mind that the monthly maintenance fees for the newer and more amenity-rich condo developments can range quite high.

I suppose that your choice of a South Florida community would depend a great deal on the kinds of activities that you enjoy. Some of the other respondents are recommending areas that are far from South Florida (if I read your question correctly, that was the only area that you said you were interested in), and it is true that each area has its own unique charms. There are beaches all over Florida, but very few communities offer the nightlife, cultural events, restaurants and shopping that Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, and other nearby cities have to offer. If you are looking for more than just a place to spread your towel, I would highly recommend that you keep South Florida the center of your search.

I would be delighted to work with you and assist you in finding the perfect vacation/investment home in the area. I don't, for a minute, think that I can recommend anything unique to your particular desires without discussing these interests and criteria with you in more detail. I promise to be very honest, and I will tell you about the various options, warts and all! We do have our world famous traffic, and there are times of the year that most people will find the weather here to be insufferably humid - all in all, though, I am happy to call South Florida my year round home, and I am confident that I can help you find a vacation property that will make you a happy part-time resident of our community as well. If I can be of any additional information to you whatsoever, please do not hesitate to call me, or write to me, I will be more than happy to advise you, even if you wound up opting for the services of another local Realtor. I really would love to help!

Angela
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com
Panama City Beach in Northwest Florida is a very popular vacation and second home spot. We offer beautiful white sand beaches directly on the Gulf of Mexico. With our new international airport scheduled to open in 2010, travel to the area will become direct and more affordable.

There are exciting new developments that will change the landscape of this region forever - there will be something for everyone from the new Oceanside Pier Park entertainment center to Wild Kingdom Animal Park to fishing at the new Pier and boardwalk! And, much more is on the horizon….

We are currently experiencing a very strong buyers market so your money goes a long way towards wealth building investments. PCB offers Gulf-front condos and townhomes, beach cottages, detached single-family homes, golf communities and retirement neighborhoods. We have a lot to offer!

CLICK the link below to read and learn about Panama City Beach, Florida, USA.

Search all properties that are for sale in PCB and surrounding areas here: http://www.coastal-lifestyles.com

Please let me know how Keller Williams Success Realty and I can be of further assistance.

Kirsten McAndrew, Realtor
Keller Williams Success Realty
Panama City Beach, Florida 32413
(850)819-3806
kmcandrew@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.pcbeach.org
Hi Linda,
Vero Beach is where many Canadian and European buyers are choosing to buy. We have some great choices along the oceanfront, riverfront and golf course communities. We are also being called the "Hampton's of South Florida", where many of our current buyers are coming from. Oak-canopied streets, pristine beautiful Barrier Island beaches, unique cultural community amenities such as the world class Vero Beach Museum or Art and The Riverside Theater, numerous fine restaurants and golf courses. Vero Beach is sophisticated with a small town atmosphere. Quality of life is good here.

Please take a look at my website; http://www.VeroPremierProperties.com , It will give a nice overview of Vero Beach and some great properties for sale here.

Let me know if you need any specific information on any properties.

Barbara Martino-Sliva, Realtor, TRC, e-PRO
Thorpe/Sotheby's International Realty
Vero Beach, Florida 32963
Hi Linda,
So glad to have another friend from our north see South Florida as a great place to have a second home/vacation home or condo. I specilize in the greater Ft Lauderdale area with special emphasis in zip code 33308 the coral ridge/galt ocean mile areas.
I would be happy to help you assist you in any way i can and help you find your condo here.
you can contact me at 954-240-3940 or visit me web page and search the local MLS here.
Web Reference: http://www.JoseSellsFL.com
Linda

First let me welcome you to South Florida. I have had several Candian Clients call me since they are purchasing condos here. I am finding that they want to be on the beach or as close. There are plenty to see anywhere along the coast line.

I would be more than happy to assist you with the purchase of your condo. If you would like to call me at 954-993-4104, it would be my pleasure!
Web Reference: http://www.Neerpat.com
Hi Linda,
There are a lot of Canadian home owners in the Sarasota/Venice location-Venice has been recognized several times as one of the "Top areas to retire" and "Best places to relocate" in the entire US. These destinctions are based on climate, proximity to beaches, employment, education, social & cultural opportunity, safety, and quality of life offered to its residents.

If you haven't been to Venice, you need to put it on your agenda to find out why people just keep coming back.....

We recognize and welcome referrals at a 25% split.

Additionally, we will be traveling in the Buffalo area in the late summer and would consider meeting with you to further diccuss our location, referrals, and other business possibilities.

Feel free to be in touch with us at any time. ecklerteam@comcast.net or 941-408-5363

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and Associates
Venice, Fl 34285
Hello Linda

The areas you named in South Floirda are beautiful areas and I understand have some really good buys according to my clients who have recently migrated to North Florida from West Palm Beach. I have visited those areas often. Pricing might get better for buyers later this year. http://www.housingpredictor.com/florida.html

You may also want to consider North Florida around Jacksonville. There are some good buys here as well.

Jacksonville is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, the Intracoastal Waterway & the St. Johns River. Prices have always been good. Jacksonville was recently named by Forbes as one of the 10 best cities for Real Estate bargan hunters. We have an International Airport and a Cruise Ship terminal. We are a 2 hour drive to the fun in Orlando. Our average resident is 35 years old. Our population is a approx 1,200,000.
We also have a NFL football team.

According to the NOAA Jacksonville has a less than 1% chance of getting a Hurricane. This translates into thousands of dollars in Homeowners Insurance savings. http://www.floridahurricane.net/

The link below has examples of Waterfront condos in North Florida. The link will be active until June 17th,
http://pub.realtyweb.net/cgi-bin/view.cgi?200805180612356465…

If you decide to take a look at North Florida please contact me.

Cathy Sloan
RE/MAX Specialists
Jacksonville, Florida
Web Reference: http://www.cathysloan.com
Hello Linda,

If you have anyone looking in the Disney area. Please feel free to contact me anytime.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
Hello Linda,

It is a great time to buy in Fort Lauderdale! There are plenty of deals out there and I would love to help you find the perfect home. I would be more than happy to work with you on a referal basis! Drop me a line and let me know more about what you are looking for. I look forward to hearing from you soon!