Home Buying in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

Faithnhope10, Home Owner in Myrtle Beach, SC

Hi, looking to move into smaller home List,sell than start looking? what is the best way to do this I need to sell before I buy?

Asked by Faithnhope10, Myrtle Beach, SC Sun Dec 9, 2012

Answers

10
Hi Fainhope10,

You can do three things at once: 1) Talk with a Realtor to preview your current home and get a comparison report of similar homes that have sold in your neighborhood/area in the past 12-15 months and what is currently on the market and prices; 2) Talk with a local lender to see where you stand financially and what you would be qualified for on the buying end; 3) Talk with your Realtor about the neighborhood/area you would consider moving to and the size/price range of these homes based on your financial qualifications. A little information can go a long way on making your decision. I'd be pleased to be of assistance. Check out my website: http://www.leequinlan.myrtlebeachreal.com and feel free to contact me.

Lee
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Hey there and good evening! It really depends on what your priorities are to be quite honest. Listing your home, get a contract on it, and then start looking is always ideal. However, sometimes it doesn't always work out that way. Everything that all the professionals Realtors stated below is great advice! Good luck on your real estate ventures!

Melissa
http://www.thelowcountryrealestategroup.com
843-344-8181
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
The best way to do this is to select a REALTOR. In selecting your REALTOR take the time to find someone you are comfortable with and who can give you solid and sound reasons why you should hire them. An experienced professional will not hesitate in their answers. You also want to find out what kind of marketing approach they will take to market your home.

If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
You have gotten some excellent advise here. The real key to a quick sale at the best price is to get the listing price correct to begin with. I would love to help you with this as I have helped others.
I would love to earn your business. Contact me by phone, e-mail or visit my website.
Cell: 843-267-1894 email: bbayliff@sc.rr.com web site: http://www.BillBayliff.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
You have selected the best approach, list/sell before you start searching for the new home. This approach will put you in the best bargaining position for both sides of the transaction. Also, if you do not get what you expect on the sell side, you can make it up on the buy side. However, you need to move quickly. The market is changing and you want to be ready when the buyers jump in early next year. If you would like a market analysis of you property, please contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
You need to list your home now as it will take longer to sell than to find one to buy. You would start looking when you have a contract on yours.

At Your Service,
Vicki McCutcheon
Oceanfront Guru
843-283-4003
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
First thing I would do is talk to a lender to be sure you can get qualified for a new loan etc. This might sound like a given but banking has changed a lot over the last few years.. So, be sure before you list your current home.

Next find a agent that "fits" with you! Remember all companies and agents connect to the same mls, you won't get any differences in that area! I personally feel its more about the relationship, marketing beyond mls and communication. That said, talk to a reasonable number of choices and when the dust settles get started with the one that feels like a fit... Once you find the right one you will get what I'm saying.. It'll just fit! When it does; work the details of your plans together and the agent will be your best tool to a smooth and personal path.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and/or simply discuss it more. Please feel free to contact me using your preferred method at 843-267-1414
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Hi, It's best to do market research for your purchase and reach a level of comfort with home availablity based on your needs and expectations. Then put your property on the market and keep your eye to the market so that if you get a buyer you can pull the trigger on a purchase. I wouldn't make any offers until you have a buyer secured with a contract on your home. Your agent can advise you on how things work in your local market.

Chris
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
I can provide you with home evaluation so you can know what to expect out of the market. I would then recommend you start looking while your home is listed so you are ready to go when you home goes under contract. Feel free to contact me at your convenience.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Depends, do you need the proceeds of the sale in order to purchase your new property...choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012