morrisdoreen, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Hi, looking for a 2-3 family house in the 80's or 90's in Bay Ridge for $350,000 or less

Asked by morrisdoreen, Brooklyn, NY Sun Feb 23, 2014

Answers

2
Hello Morris/Doreen, $350,000 or less in Bay Ridge is not likely. The median sales price for homes in Bay Ridge & Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn for Nov 13 to Feb 14 was $746,000 based on 26 sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median sales price decreased 9.1%, or $75,000, and the number of sales increased 52.9%. Average price per square foot for Bay Ridge & Fort Hamilton was $447, a decrease of 16.4% compared to the same period last year. There are currently 242 resale and new homes in Brooklyn on Trulia, including 77 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process. The average listing price for homes for sale in Bay Ridge & Fort Hamilton was $480,514 for the week ending Feb 12, which represents a decrease of 6.4%, or $32,851, compared to the prior week.
Hello Doreen,

Bay Ridge is a beautiful, very desirable area. So desirable the houses are at a much higher price than what you are stating. On average, a 2-3 family home can go from 650K to 3.5 million. My advice is to consult with a mortgage broker, see if your finances fit this criteria and make a decision from there.

Brooklyn is a very diverse area with houses in every price range. Try to find the location and price range that suits you best. :-)

Give me a call anytime... The advice is free.

Hello Dilan,

I wouldn't ask my physician to sell my house and he definitely wouldn't want me to operate, hahaha!!! Statistically speaking, over 90% of homeowners go to a Realtor (like me).
Experience and skill count more now than ever, especially when trying to get the most amount money. My job would be to get you the highest price, and then try to get more.
I have been doing real estate for 15 years and sold quite a few houses in Clinton Hill... Sometimes getting more than asking price.

Give me a call anytime Dilan... The advice is free.

Luke Constantino
Realtor/Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Commercial/Residential
Keller Williams Realty Empire
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
C: (212) 300-3919
O: (718) 954 8400
lukenyc@kw.com