Home Buying in Norwalk>Question Details

Unknown Name, Home Buyer in

Hi im writing on behalf of my dad, his been pre approved for a home loan now his trying to get a real estate agent to represent him and help him buy

Asked by Unknown Name, Wed Jan 9, 2013

a home but nobody seems to wanna help how does he get or find an agent help my dad buy a home when he has been approve for a loan?

Answers

7
Hi, I can recommend many agents in CT that would be willing to help, let me know if you want some names and numbers.

Chris
Be sure to contact an agent that specializes in the area that he is looking to buy in. That will make a significant difference. I currently have an active listing in Norwalk and know of two more that will be listed soon. These are located in the area of Bloomfield and Rosecrans. The active listing is 12753 Dilworth St. Take a look and let me know if you would like to schedule a showing.
Perhaps at that time we can discuss your fathers situation.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 cell
DRE Lic#01456982
If he’s preapproved I don’t see why nobody wants to help. We need more details to find out why. What city is he looking into? If nobody is doing anything I’ll be happy to assist
Need more details. What price range and what does he expect for the money? (ie condo vs house, size, and neighborhood)

As others have eluded to, he may not have realistic expectations so people aren't following up with him. Some won't say it directly, they just won't return his calls. If he is approved for a loan and his expectations are reasonable, REALTORS will usually be swarming to work with him. Give us some more info and we can tell you if there's anything obvious that stands out.
If he is having trouble finding an agent to represent him I would suspect he either is in a very low price range or unrealistic about pricing. As agents/brokers we only get paid when a client closes a deal.

I would post this again and simply say looking for an agent in norwalk to represent us and see what happens.
Unknown:

Please confirm the area your Dad is searching in, this way you will get responses from agents in that area.

Why do you believe the Agents you have been contacting are reluctant to help your Dad?

To find a professional Realtor® to work with use the National Realtor® database : http://www.realtor.org/rofindrealtor.nsf/pages/FS_FREALTOR?O…

Does your Dad have a "True Pre-Approval"?
http://www.Steven-Anthony.com/GettingStarted

-Steve
I can have an experienced Realtor in the Norwalk area contact you. Send me you dads name, phone #, and address to Tjackson@c21mm.com and I will find the perfect agent for your father! In the email let me know his price range and any specific requirements.

Travis Jackson
Century 21 M & M Associates
DRE#01879566 http://www.408RealEstate.com
tjackson@c21mm.com
(408) 316-5954