Daniela, Home Buyer in 33702

Hi, i would be happy to recieve any advice on Restful Lane 34231 Sarasota

Asked by Daniela, 33702 Sat May 3, 2008

we are looking for a green,quiet though and not too expensive central location in a good,friendly neighborhood but do not know the area.
Any suggestions about Restful Ln. are greatly appreciated

Answers

7
This is a great area of town right of Lockwood Ridge which means that you have great convenience. Charles' comments about the sewer system are quite a propos. what's great about the area is that some of the house are valued at close to 200,000 and some are still barely in the low $100,000. If you can get one of the latter, the more expensive ones will drive your value up. There is nothing that beats buying the cheapest house on the best street.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help

Michel
941-806-7063
Daniella,
Both Charles and Michael have provided excellent counsel. Our best advice to add to their comments is to find an agent that will assist you in your quest. There hasn't been a better time in a long while for buying at the right price...don't wait

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and associates
Venice, Fl 34285
ecklerteam@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 13, 2008
I think that this area is one of the great bargains in Sarasota! As you have seen, the homes are inexpensive relative to most single family homes in the area. This location is convenient to the beaches on Siesta Key, to shopping, and almost everything that you'll need for a reasonably comfortable lifestyle in Sarasota. If you have looked at MLS listings for homes or lots on Restful Lane you'll certainly recognize that the homes are humble, but there are plenty of mature trees and lots of green space nearby.

You'll want to know that homes in this area are not yet served by the county sewer system, so you'll have a septic system. You also will be obligated to disconnect that system and connect to the sewer system when it becomes available in the neighborhood. There is detailed information on the Phillippi Creek Septic System Replacement program at this web site: http://sewers.scgov.net/HOME.aspx . If you study the web site, you'll learn about costs and anticipated scheduling for the project.

It's just an opinion, but I think that it might be a wise move to invest in good homes in the areas that have not yet been connected to the sewer system. I'm guessing that these homes are discounted by more than the cost of connecting to the sewer, and that they may appreciate nicely after the sewers are installed. Again, it's my personal opinion, but I think that you could research comparable homes in nearby neighborhoods that are already connected to the sewer system, and judge for yourself.

Charles Offer
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
426 St. Armands Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 321-9664
http://www.CharlesOffer.com
charlesoffer@comcast.net
Web Reference: http://www.CharlesOffer.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008
Quiet and Lovely -- always a plus/always available in Sarasota.

In the midst of a growing job market, beautiful landscapes, amazing beaches and fun activities -- Sarasota is still tops for your dollar.

Learning the traffic patterns for the amenities you most desire -- is important. Finding the right neighborhood is simplified with the help of a professional Realtor.
I would suggest you look into Palm Aire. Many condos and villas available in the beautiful neighborhoods of Fairway Point, Fairway Bend Golf Side. Low foreclosure rate. Low monthly maintenance. We purchased last March and love the area that is so close to all shopping , downtown , and the beach.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
Daniella,
Great location and very conveniently situated.
Like with any properties, wether it is a $80,000.00 property or a 4 million dollar property, research as to be done. What is for sale in the immediate area, what has sold and for how much.
I would be happy to put you on my automatic email list that sends you information daily if you wish about the activity in the area with pictures and information.
Thanks for the question and feel free to contact me if I can help.
Web Reference: http://www.claudepierre.com