Anthony, Home Buyer in North Carolina

Hi, i am Anthony. I am a frequent (oversea) visitor to Queens, NY but most of the time i stayed in Charlotte, NC hotels.

Asked by Anthony, North Carolina Mon Apr 30, 2012

Recently i saw a coop unit for sale in Queens Blvd and I plan to purchase in cash. What are the procedures and are there any conditions impose on foreigners ? For cash purchase what are all the cost involved ? Pls advise in details. Thank you

Answers

3
Anthony, I would suggest you get involved with anagent experienced in working with foreigners.
I am such an agent. Please call or e mail if you are interested.
You can start by consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, he/she can best advise as to any legalities; if you need recommendations feel free to contact me directly....
Hello Anthony:

Your best bet is to consult with a Real Estate Lawyer in Queens, someone who deals with Coops a lot. You may have to have a Social Security number or Tax I.D. number. Coops have their own policy on purchasing by non-residents. In most cases, it's a no. However, there may be some exceptions. You should always check with the management first. Hope this helps. Thank you.