Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Bereithany, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia County,...

Hi everyone, my ? todays is how do i go about buying a dollar house in Philadelphia, and where would i find the listing for the houses to choose

Asked by Bereithany, Philadelphia County, PA Tue Sep 4, 2012

from.. Also, I do not wanna do morgages I just WANT to buy a fixer upper in philadelphia.. Please help.. I dont even know where to start my search.

Answers

3
Good Evening Bereithany,

A dollar deed is when two family members transfer title between each other for a dollar. Therefore eliminating the beautiful city transfer tax....

Or are you thinking of the city owned shells that may be selling for a dollar?

All the Best John Curci, RE/MAX 215-757-2889
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
HI,.. Thank you for responding, and yes im looking for what the city of philadelphia is selling for a dollar,or any program that would link me to a listing of some sort to just buy a home ,that can be made over, Thank you much
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
One dollar property sales occur between relatives and business entities.

If you have cash to make a purchase outright and are willing to invest more in rehabilitation there are always sheriffs sales.

Ana Barlow
The Barlow Group of Keller Williams
anabarlow@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 4, 2012
Ok thank you so much, also do you know how i can get a listing of sheriff sale homes or what the process is.
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
where did you hear about buying a dollar houses? fixer uppers to buy for what purpose?? for you to live in? to buy and rent? to buy and flip? some specifics would help..

Fred Ramos
Owner/ investor at PA Real Estate Properties, LLC
http://www.myphillyhomebuyer.com
215 397 3900
800 n 2nd st. #110
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Fred@myphillyhomebuyer.com