Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Christos Phi…, Real Estate Pro in Miami Beach, FL

Hi, can anyone recommend up-and-coming areas in NYC? (Relatively undervalued, safe and with good transport links) thanks

Asked by Christos Philippou, Miami Beach, FL Thu Jun 13, 2013

Answers

11
Christos,
There are many "up and coming" areas in NYC. However, when you say "undervalued" I would say none. New York City real estate is not cheap, but there is a range in prices based upon location. More established neighborhoods are more expensive, neighborhoods that are now becoming popular are increasing in price, but more affordable. My advice would be to work with a skilled, experienced agent who will tailor your search to your needs and your budget.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
Not sure undervalued properties exist, therefore visit areas of interest to you more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
Bedstuy, red hook, bushwick,Williamsburg,Fortgreen, green point these are all up and coming. Price really depends on what it's worth to you.

Ferhana Naeem
Coldwell banker reliable
7185171213
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 13, 2013
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Harlem, Upper West Side, be daring to change the complexion of a community, speculators have done it before you and it spreads like a wild fire.
St George, Staten Island.

fred
http://www.gettingthebestprice.com/buyers.php
Downtown Brooklyn: only one subway stop from Manhattan with multiple subways; new high tech buildings such as Oro and Tiren; a new major mall is being built; proximity to Fulton Market shopping area; NYU new campus moving to the area; walking distance to Dumbo and Carroll Garden; 20 minutes walk to Manhattan Chinatown via Manhattan Bridge; a major high tech hub being built at MetroTech; walking distance to BAM and the new Barclay center. And it is much cheaper than Dumbo and Carroll Garden.
Christos,

The Upper east side! its a great area here in NYC and seams to give you the most space for your dollar. Give me a call when your in town so we can discuss in more detail. as for up and coming areas in the city I would say just passed Yorkvill right before Spanish Harlem on the fare east side of NYC btw second ave and the river From 99th to 103 -104-105 ish. This area is really up and coming with a lot of new development going on.

Ryan OConnor
Point NYC
347-873-1934
ryan@point-nyc.com
Dear Christos,

Harlem is definitely back on the uprise now, and a great place to buy for future value. I also like Gowanus, Bushwick, Prospect Heights, Clinton Hill, Bedstuy...

It depends what you are looking for in a purchase - would this be a primary residence, or are you looking for a Condo or Multi Family Home for an investment? I would recommend different areas for you depending on what your plans are.

Best of luck, and feel free to reach out.

Janine Young
Hi Janine, I'm interested in multi-family homes
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
Christos, nothing is cheap and undervalued. There will be areas where you get more for your money than in other areas if you're simply considering the place in which you live. Harlem would be one of those areas. Whether you're buying or renting, you'll get more home for your money than in areas like UWS, SoHo, Tribeca and many others. But you won't have as much of the other stuff that so many want. That's changing but not there yet.
There are many up and coming areas like the lower East Side and Harlem but unfortunately they aren't under valued. You are going to pay in NYC thanks to supply and demand.

Chris