Home Buying in Hampton Bays>Question Details

haley234588, Home Buyer in New Rochelle, NY

Hi, are there any towns still Left in Long island with afforable taxes ranging from 3,000 to the most 5000? thankyou

Asked by haley234588, New Rochelle, NY Fri May 30, 2014

Answers

5
Smaller older homes in Westhampton, in the 300-500k range north of Montauk Highway also North Water Mill, North Bridgehampton- but you have to go 7 figures to get in
Aside from the towns that do have taxes within the $3,000-$5,000 range. There are exemptions that you may be eligible for that would reduce your property taxes.
Hampton Bays! There are many very nice homes in good neighborhoods with beautiful beaches.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 25, 2014
Hampton Bays is getting expensive - my taxes have gone up an average of 7%/year for the past 18 years (including increased assessments). I now pay $26,700. NYS needs a law like California's Prop13, so people can afford to keep their houses.
Flag Sun Dec 21, 2014
There are a couple of towns on the North and South Fork of Long Island with lower taxes, one being Rocky Point, depending on the size and location of the house. A search can be done for homes with minimum to maximum tax requirements.
Actually, I was shocked to learn that there is. However, they are few and far between. If you'd like some assistance in locating a home, please feel free to contact me. Good luck!