Home Buying in Fairburn>Question Details

SAMANTHA CRO…, Other/Just Looking in Union City, GA

Hi, are there any credit report websites out there that gives you a free credit score?

Asked by SAMANTHA CROFT, Union City, GA Tue Aug 28, 2012

Answers

8
Mike Mahesh’s answer
Hi Samantha,

I received a free report at : my annual credit report.com, a few years back.
Credit scores however was not provided, at least not for free.
You might want to check them out.

Mike Mahesh, broker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Samantha, do not understand your question regarding the down payment assistant program, Do you need a down payment program that will give you 3k to 4k ? or you have 3k to 4k to put down on a house and you are looking for additional assistant? Georgia Dream is a good down payment assistant program.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
thank you Ms. Thompson. Yes, I have visited the GA Dream Program. After reading and learning more on this program, I think it is great for my family. Thank you all for responding to my questions. Your help is much appreciated...
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Hello Samantha you go to this web site http://www.freecreditscore.com. If you need assistant with having loan officer to pull your credit, please give Iris Woods a call at 404-768.8882 at Dimension Mortgage, she can help you, she do charge a fee to pull credit, but atleast it will be accurate scores.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
... there is another service with a fun jingle (free credit report dot com) that is NOT free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Absolutely! There are two options:

AnnualCreditReport.com -- you can get a free copy of each of your credit reports once each year

CreditKarma - Allows you free access to both your credit report and your credit score. CreditKarma does this routinely; it's not just once a year.

*** I've attached an article about free credit scores and reports from a local consumer reporter that has been on Atlanta radio for years.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi Samantha,

Yes, try creditkarma.com. I have recommended this to many of my clients and they love the site. also, If I can be of any service in your home search please give me a call at 678-427-5512 or email me at repayne7@bellsouth.net. I work with 4 excellent mortgage lenders from Brand Mortage, Prime Lending, Wells Fargo, Starky Mortgage and Bank of America. any one of these mortgage lenders would be happy to discuss with you the home loan process, of course there services are FREE.

Please, let me know if I can be of any additional sssistance to you.

Have a Good Day,

Rick Payne
Hey Samantha,
Try free credit report dot com. The trick with them is that they want you to sign up for their continual monitoring of your credit report, which they charge for. But if you subscribe, get your free report, then cancel before their "free trial" is over, then you can get one free copy of your report and cancel before.the automatic charging begins. I haven't done this in a while, but it worked the last time I tried it. Check it out.
The answer is yes and no. Here's why: Credit scoring pertains to the company that's pulling it. Car dealers obtain scores different from mortgage companies different from credit card companies. They are weighed differently. The best place to get a score for mortgages is through a mortgage company, car - car company etc. Those online companies will not give you accurate scores unless you just want to know a score for your soul. Then, they'll try to sell you all that garbage to keep your score in tact. Check out Clark Howard's website for more information.