Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Feasoroftorts, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Hi, are any agents in San Jose, CA available this Sunday 1/15/2012 to show me and my parents some condos that we're interested in?

Asked by Feasoroftorts, San Jose, CA Thu Jan 12, 2012

Answers

21
Hi Feasor:

Although I'm not available, can I recommend that you first engage one of the Realtors below BEFORE looking at condominiums? Because, as Terri, pointed out, the Realtor's job is not just opening doors and getting inside the condo.

Here's some very good reasons why you want to select and HIRE a Realtor first:

1. Availability of Viewing - Not all homes are available for viewing by buyers. Often the home is occupied or the tenants/occupants may not want to show the home during a specific time of the day. The Realtor needs to make appointments to let the sellers know that they're coming. Remember, if you like the home, you want to start on the best possible "foot" with the seller--and be remembered as "that nice group of people" who toured my home and not the "group that barged in on Sunday to look at the house."

2. Not All Condos are Made Equal - Condominiums can be finicky real estate products depending on your financing and the condition of the community. If you are planning to purchase this home with an FHA loan, for example, there are many HOAs that do not qualify under the FHA guidelines, so even if you fell in love with the home, you won't be able to buy it. Also, there are comments made on the MLS that home buyers cannot and will not see, but can make a huge difference to you--as a buyer--regarding the feasibility of the home, such as special assessments planned, poor financials, developer is bankrupt, or litigation pending. Depending on what is happening at the community, the Realtor you select may let you know that the community may have problems you need to review before considering a home in the community.

3. Distressed Property Status - If you're interested in a distressed property, such as short sale, this information is often not posted on the MLS, but the Realtor can see this. Again, depending on the situation with short sale home, your agent will able to advise you regarding whether the home is a candidate for purchase.

So, before leaping out there to look at homes, take a few minutes to contact the Realtors below and interview them to select a Realtor who will work best for you and your family. I've known both Terri Vellios and Allyson Alessandrini for more than two years here on Trulia and I would have no hesitation in recommending either.

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-People's Choice
Why thank you for the nice kudos, Mitchell P., and I'm a big fan of yours as well. Feasoroftorts, you might also give Mitchell Pearce and Charles Butterfield a call as well, if you have not already contacted a number of Realtors. I know Mitchell and Charles by reputation--both have great reps, and I know Allyson and Terri also by reputation and by the clarity and sharpness of their answers here on Trulia. You can't go wrong with any of them!!
Grace Moriaka's answer is right on the money, so I gave her a thumbs up. Before you hire any of us, as I suggested before, have a list of what you might want to see, send it to the realtor, then use it as a starting point for a conversation with the realtor. Before he meets with you, he or she should have gone through the list looking for the issues Grace points out. Seeing the list gives the realtor a way of learning what you like. We want to know what you like before we go out to show homes so we can find homes you might like and put homes you indicate you don't like on the back burner or second tier of looking, so to speak. Searching for a new home can be a long and exhausting process, so you want to make it easier by discussing your preferences with the realtor you hire.

Also, speak with one of us who understands and has experience with financing. As Grace said, not all condos are created equal. The type of financing you are planning to use may rule out many condos before you start looking at any of them. Maybe you have yet to talk to a loan office who can explain what your options are and what you can afford? This is most important. I am both a loan officer for a bank and a realtor. (This means I can originate any loan but an FHA, and can find and assist you with any type of property. If you need an FHA, the branch manager at my bank will take care of your loan for you.)

Mitchell Pearce
408-639-0211
mitchell@handsonrealtor.com
give me a call and I will be glad to help...

AR&M
Buyer 50%-60% Cash Rebate
Seller 50% Commission Discount
A little late but wanted to let you know that Condos are my specialty!! Not much on the market right now though as inventory is super low...
Curious who was chosen! and if they answered the TEN questions?

http://bit.ly/wyg4Hd

Michael
http://LosGatosHomesandRealEstateBlog.com
First things first. Give ma a call over the weekend and I can pre-approve you the same day.
Web Reference: http://TripointMortgage.Net
As the responses show, there are plenty of agents able to show you condos. But first, have you been pre-approved for a mortgage and have the available cash for a downpayment?
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Dear Home Buyer:

I also give Grace a big thumbs up for her answer. I don't cover the San Jose market but the process is the same in any community in the Bay Area -- work with a realtor for the reasons suggested by Grace. And make sure you understand your financing based on an analysis by a lender and financial planner.

When you are ready, find a realtor you like and stick with them. It's an involved process and the closer you work together as a team, the better your overall success!

Good luck, and I hope you find a realtor that is right for you.

Sally Blaze,
Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin areas
Before you begin looking at condos, have you taken the time to get pre-approved for financing?
Looking for a home is much more fun when you know how much you can actually afford. That's the first step I recommend. The second is developing a budget based on your net income to determine if the amount you're approved for is realistic. Just because a lender will loan you $400,000 doesn't mean your lifestyle can support the payments. I provide my clients with the tools to help them figure out all the details. As others have said, hiring a Realtor is more than having someone show you a few homes. Take a few minutes to get you know your agent. When they understand you, the home search will go much smoother.

Good Luck with your search.

David Sciplin
Coldwell Banker
I am available. Please call me.

Elizabeth Avalos
Realty World - Property Masters
408-688-1068
eavalos@rwnetwork.com
DRE# 01477037
I am available to show you some condos this Sunday. Please give me a call or send me an email..

Kevin Vo
408-228-2161
kevinvohomes@yahoo.com
Let me know what time. We need to prepare, especially if they are tenant occupied.

We need to talk first.
Web Reference: http://terrivellios.com
I would be available to show you property on Sunday. I would need to speak with you prior to meeting on Sunday to discuss your wants and needs, location preference, price range, and your qualifications to purchase a property. I would also need to make appointments for access to the properties we will see.

Take a few minutes to look at my website and read about my qualifications. http://www.lizsenser.com.

Please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.lizsenser.com
I am also available, since there are quite a few of us who can show you these properties go over our profiles and contact the agent you feel will represent you the best. Also please do this ASAP, because some of the condo's will probably have a 24hrs notice to get in to see the property.
I hope that helps, feel free to contact me with any questions.
At your service,
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
CDPE- Certified Distressed Property Expert
DRE# 01397256
Yes, I am available then to show such properties. My email is Mitchell@handsonrealtor.com. If you send me a list of the properties before we go out, I can preview them and them with you. This may result in a shorter list as well as clue me in to what you like and dislike. This will in turn assist me in developing any future list of properties you might like to see.
I can also discuss financing he purchase with you as well.
My phone number is 408-639-0211
Mitchell Pearce
Thank you:

I am available Sunday 1/15/2012.

Please give me a call at my cell phone: (408)509-6218 or contact me at my email address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com

Charles Butterfield
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
Please contact me at 408 9666102 to go over the properties you have discover. I would be able to give you more information on them.
I would be glad to help you
Mitchell Pierce 408-639-0211
Realty World California Homes
Have you identified any properties you wanted to take a look at. Feel free to contact me via 408-863-3179 to setup an appointment so we can discuss your real estate goals.
I know an excellent agent that knows the business well and is very personable. Your family will love him. Contact me direct for his info

Dot Chance, Realtor®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
DRE License #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center
http://www.DotChance.com
818.339.7712

WHEN YOU THINK OF REAL ESTATE...Think DotChance.com! My business thrives from your referrals!