Home Buying in Miami Beach>Question Details

Jerry, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

Hi am intersted on buying a property to let in miami me and my husband are based in London (UK).

Asked by Jerry, Miami Beach, FL Fri Feb 11, 2011

Answers

15
Jerry,

Contact me for direct assistance, I can take care of every step for you. I am a licesnsed Realtor and local specialist at one of the leading brokerages in the area.

Jayson Wingfield
Zilbert Realty Group

1 + (305) 878-1709
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 14, 2011
I am British, been in Miami for 20 years, so know all the areas, where to buy etc. I would love to help you find an investment property that you can rent out while living in UK.
Let me know all the details and I will get back to you right away.
My email is spardon@onesothebysrealty.com
My web site - which is still being constructed so is not finished but you can still go on and look, Don't be put off by the luxury properties shown there, I can find anything tosuit your pocket.
I look forward to hearing from you and to helping you find the right property.
Kind regards,
Shirley
Shirley Pardon GRI,CIPS,TRC,CLHM
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 11, 2011
Good morning (afternoon) both,

I'm actually from London myself, moved out here a couple of years ago - hoping I won't lose the accent......

Drop me an email and I will help in any way I can. With 11 years experience around the world and being a fellow Brit, I'm sure we can work very well together.

(Check out the web reference link below for more info)

Kind Regards

Alistair Powell
ONE Sotheby's International Realty
1451 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
c: 305.815.0880
e: alistair.powell@sothebysrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 11, 2011
hello
I have some exclusive listing that i would like to show you.
Pease call me at 305-747-5347 so we can talk about your needs

http://www.gperealty.com/find-a-property-mls.html
if you need a responsible and trustworthy agent back by a international real estate brokerage like ENGEL & VOLKER contact me for more information at: https://www.facebook.com/Christian.Fortoul.RE
Long distance landlords should have a trusted Realtor to rent and manage income property, otherwise they may be making some unforseen trips across the pond, to resolve unexpected problems.
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com
Hi Jerry, if you are in Miami, March 8th, you and your husband are welcome to join us at the monthly get together of some Brits, Irish and Anglophillles living in the Miami area. at the News Cafe( next to Zoika about 54th and Biscayne Blvd.) from 6:30 to 9:30. It's always fun, and there are people of all ages to talk with.

You will have fun and get some information you can relate to. I'm planning to be there and would be happy to introduce you to some friends and talk you and your husband about Real Estate and your plans for enjoying the opportunities that Miami offers.

Sincerely yours, Diana Drake Beachfront Realty 786-285-4881

http://www.buymiami-palmbeachhome.com
please call me, I can help you in your purchase

954-297-5634
luislozada@loyeen.com
Jerry
Read my rants and blogs regarding transactional brokerage in FL. Agents default position is to not represent you, they might gain you access to the home but they do not fulfill full agency expectations. Get, if you can find an agent willing to sign a buyer brokerage agreement and explain what transactional brokerage is all about. Basically that each agent represents the transaction, not you or the seller. Lamo way to defer liability and not be your advocate. But wait, there is more... In Florida there is no requirement to disclose who they are working for, Jeb Bush, younger brother of the Prez Bush passed in 2008 that it is presumed that all buyers know that real estate is transactional instead of desinated agency where each party is represented. Errr yeah, the FL real estate lobby pushed that one through as a ;lability dodge. BTW, classic beefeater sapphire martini goes down well whilest i type away!
Hi, Jerry. This is quite an open question and a loaded one too. Most of the answers below are spot on.

What people consider Miami encompasses many cities within our Miami-Dade county and our county is quite large and diverse.

We would just have to assume too many things to be able to properly guide you. If you are buying cash, there's no need to entertain financing. If you are financing, many factors come into play.

Typically, most out of state buyers who look to buy property to let, find property around our coastal area. For instance, the Brickell-Downtown-Midtown corridor offers a lot of choices, is very centralized and is perfect for renting.

Most people living in this area are young professionals and/or students taking advantage of what this "Mini-Manhattan-like" environment offers.

The area is perfect for professionals because it is loaded with employment opportunities in the legal/court system, accounting, banking, consulates and more.

For the non-professionals there are plenty of work opportunities in these offices and in hotels, restaurants, shops, the port, Miami Beach, airport, performing and non-performing art centers, sport facilities, and more.

Residents of these areas enjoy the opportunity to live, work and play within walking distance or a short train or mass transit ride - all with a great view of our city, bay and the beaches and within a short drive to Miami Beach, major highways and more.

Then, there is all of the beaches, stretching from South Pointe (the Southernmost point of South Beach), North to Sunny Isles and into the Hallandale-Hollywood Beach areas in Broward county (our closest county to the North).

Prices in these areas for decent units range from the $100,000's and upper scale units up into the millions.

There are also a number of condo-hotels offering you a turn-key, hands-off ownership opportunity. These units allow you to enjoy them while you are here for a few days or weeks, while being able to rent them at higher daily rates during approximately 60% of the year or more (depending on a number of factors), at rates that often start in the $200's per night or more (again...depending on a number of factors).

Although it may not MAKE YOU money, the unit could quite easily pay for itself. Alternatively, you can buy one where rentals are not much of a problem and make sure you are handing over the rental affairs to a qualified agent.

You are able to buy from one of 3 types of sellers (normal or distressed - the latter is broken down further into foreclosed units and pre-foreclosure units), each requiring a different approach.

Understand that, not all licensed (required in Florida when being compensated for helping others buy, sell or rent real estate), real estate agents are Realtors.

Realtors are licensed agents who belong to the nationally and internationally recognized professional association, the National Association of Realtors (NAR), and who adhere to their strict Code of Ethics.

Also, in our county, Realtors typically belong to the Multiple Listing Service or MLS. This is a system where we all share information about every available property for sale.

Any Realtor member can show you any available property in the MLS and we all typically get paid by the seller. This means that you don't normally have to worry about paying any commission or fees to the agent who represents you and also means that, once you find your favorite agent, he or she can get you in and help you buy any listed property.

Ideally, one agent represents the seller and one agent looks after your best interest while representing you.

If you are looking for some type of visa, the requirements may change and you should also ask about this.

Finally, make sure to select a Realtor who is also a Certified Distressed Property Expert or CDPE http://(www.CDPE.com), who understands the ins and outs of buying distressed properties these days.

Mark Twain once said: Luck Is When Preparation Meets Opportunity. With the right information and agent by your side, you can certainly make your own luck. :-)

All the best!
Web Reference: http://BuyMiamiBeach.Info
Jerry:

Miami is a super place to live and invest. Keep in mind that Miami Beach is rather small and Miami is rather large. I tend to favor Miami Beach due to the proximity to the ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, Biscayne Bay and the transient vacationing element.

First determine your budget ~ buying with a financing contingency? Get in touch with a lender that can and will close your loan. Next determine WHERE you want to invest. Agents can lead you to water- but can not make you drink.

Search around on-line, or get a referral from a friend ~ work with an agent that you can communicate effortlessly with. These few suggestions will make your purchase stress free and simple.

Search the link below to get a grasp of prices both for sale and rent.

♒ ♥ WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS® ♥ ♒
Jerry,
You have made a fantastic choice researching Miami, Florida. I am a local Miami resident for the past 25 years, and personally know Miami inside and out. I have formed relationships with property owners in each and every surrounding area, and if your looking to get a great deal, with some efficient help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Alexander Goldstein
ONE Sothebys International Realty
305 336 6959
Agoldstein@onesothebysrealty.com
Hello Jerry,
I work with 2 Lenders that specialize in Loans for “Foreign Nationals”.
Send me an email if you are interested and I will give you all detailed information about your loan process.

Best regards from the sunshine state ☺

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
BeateRodriguez@gmail.com
And if you need assistance with financing, we can help you with that. We have some great foreign national programs with as little as 30% down. Call or email us for our free foreign national report.

Jose Morales
Florida Mortgage Coach
“We Coach You Through the Mortgage Process”
561-432-9237
info@floridamortgagecoach.com

I recommend you contact a Miami based real estate agent such as myself and many other real estate agents on Trulia. Work with an agent you feel comfortable developing a solid rapport with because being UK based communication is going to be key. If you need additional advice or interested in working with Miami Best Real Estate Team send us an email: Info@OnePlaceOpenHouse.com. In addition we do have foreign national lending programs available, if needed.

Andre Shambley