Home Buying in Fort Mill>Question Details

krdddy, Home Buyer in Fort Mill, SC

Hi We had a look at a home at 4539 Fox Ridge Ln Fort Mill, SC 29707.

Asked by krdddy, Fort Mill, SC Mon Dec 24, 2012

Details: As this is close to Ballentyne and also we liked the community being not very far to commute to our workplaces. Can someone please let us know
1. How safe is the community.
2. What is the quality of Ryland Homes
3. Is it suggestable to buy a home in that community?

Answers

5
The Town of Fort Mill has a relatively low crime rate throughout the town. A source I like to use is http://www.city-data.com. You can look up any town and get a decent profile, demographics and crime rates for about 10 years back.

If you want to see what the quality of a Ryland home is, you could go check out a model home in a number of nearby communities where Ryland is now building. One such place is called The Bexley, and is located behind Morningstar Ministries, just off Regent Pkwy.

I do have a listing here in Trulia in the Arlington Subdivsion right off Rte 160 down near where it intersects with 521, just 3 miles from Ballantyne. The address is 8144 Haviland Ave, take a look.

If you need help our want to know more about Fort Mill neighborhoods, please give me a call on my cell at 914 420 2079, or write me at len@myfortmillhomefinder.com
Just touching base to see if you purchased a home. If not, give me a call or email. I would love to talk to you.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net
Good evening, Krdddy:

Ryland builds a decent home and there are lots of ways to negotiate for the features you want at the best price. There are a lot of considerations, like schools, community amenities, resale values and what upgrades are good and not good to do. You really ought to have a Buyer Agent Advocate for New Home Construction (see Trulia Blog link below) .

You should also be aware that everyone the builder has you meet with probably works for them - not you. But when you come in with a New Home Buyers Agent Advocate you will have someone working exclusively for you, always in your best interest. from the first contact through negotiations and construction to the final settlement and closing. Every decision. All the time.

The great thing with the advertised price of homes builders sell, is that a Realtor's commission is included so you can have a New Home Buyers Agent Advocate expertise at no additional cost to you. Buyers who fail to choose exclusive representation from their own Buyer Agent Advocate should expect to miss many thousands of dollars in unadvertised upgrades and savings. Because the built-in commission is not taken off of the price, your choice is essentially putting extra profit in the Builders pocket without any benefit to you.

If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service if you contact me through my profile. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
I have shown in this neighborhood severl times and do not live too far. I will call you to discuss
My suggestion to potential buyers is to always check with the sheriff's department regarding crime statistics. You can sometimes find them online, if not, you can contact the sheriff's dpeartment directly.

Ryland builds a quality home. You get a decent amount of square footage and high quality finishes.

As far as should you buy a home in this community - I can provide you with a market analysis so you can determine whether or not you are getting a good deal versus an excellent deal, etc.

Even if you decide to purchase a new home from a builder you should have a buyer's agent to represent you. By law, an agent at a model home cannot represent you. All reputable builders price their homes to have a buyer's agent commission built in. If you do not utilize an agent, that money goes back in the builder's pocket - it is not passed along as a savings to you as the buyer.

Please call or email me anytime about any property or any community any where you may be interested in.

I am a licensed realtor in NC and SC and have been helping people buy and sell homes for over 23 years.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Thank you

Randy Lindsay
Coldwell Banker
803.370.9324
buca1122@aol.com
http://www.randylindsay.com