Home Buying in Gilroy>Question Details

Rrshirhatti, Home Buyer in Pleasanton, CA

Hi, We are planning to buy home in Gilroy. I work in sunnyvale, hope the commute won't be bad. Please suggest some areas with good schools and communi

Asked by Rrshirhatti, Pleasanton, CA Sun Jan 26, 2014

Answers

6
I have been a resident of Gilroy since 1975. I attended the local elementary school in my neighborhood and I am a graduate of Gilroy High School. My spouse is an Engineer and has made the drive to Silicon Valley for the last 18 years. I would be happy to put you in touch with friends and past clients that make the drive daily. You will find that your drive time can vary based on your work schedule. This along with making the drive a time or two would be beneficial to you. As far as elementary schools go, Gilroy has two schools that are top ranked. Luigi Aprea has an API score of 875+ and Las Animas which has an API score of 860+. Each of these schools offers great housing choices. There is also a charter school in Gilroy which is public. Gilroy Prep has an API of 975. There is no geographic boundaries for Gilroy Prep but there is an application process. The "Northwest Quad" as we refer to it is where Luigi Aprea and Gilroy's top rated high school, Christopher High is located. Their API score is 800. Inventory remains very tight in this area and based on a quick search today 1-28-14 the lowest priced home available in that area is $585,000. It is 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and approximately 1,922 square feet. Contact me today to discuss your real estate goals further. I am confident that you will feel that Gilroy is a great choice! Jennifer Doak, Intero Real Estate Services, 408-799-3737, jdoak@interorealestate.com
Depending on how much you want to spend the North Western part of Gilroy is newer; has 2 of the best schools in Gilroy and is an easy commute into Silicon Valley:
From Day Rd. on the North down along Santa Teresa to Mantelli on the South and everything West has a variety of nice communities. This section also includes Christopher HS and Luigi Aprea Elementary schools (over 800 scores). Sunrise Park is a great park in the middle of this section. You can commute up Santa Teresa to Bernal Rd. and Hwy. 101 or to Hwy 85.
Why not text, or email me with your ideal home's profile and I will send you a list of available homes in that area.
Mike Walters
text: 831.630.3717
email: Mike@CaHomes411.com
watch a City Video Tour of Gilroy at: http://www.CaHomes411.com/citytours
Great questions. As a local realtor in Gilroy and resident since 1989, I have seen Gilroy change through the years. It is a great place to live and raise a family. In regards to commute, you do have the option of taking Caltrain. You might also look in to ride sharing. If you are looking for good public schools, the west side of Gilroy will provide you with the highest scores. Also, there are some excellent private schools in Gilroy, as well. I hope this helps.
If you have not made this drive before, I encourage you to get a hotel on a work night, and drive in to work the next day.
Asking if a commute is bad or not cane very subjective. Only you can judge the commute.

Many good schools in both Gilroy & Morgan Hill, as well as South San Jose.

But buying a home is more than just schools. The price of the house will be the biggest variable for you. Working with a great Realtor will help position you in the areas that will provide the biggest bang for your buck.

Cheers,
Linda Baker
Alain Pinel Realtors
408.712.3432
LBaker@apr.com
BRE 01373033
Luigi Elementary has an API 876, Las Animas API 874, and Rod Kelly 856, Solorsano Middle is 840, Gilroy High however is in the 700's and Christopher is 801.
There are many good communities and schools in Gilroy. There are 2 elementary schools with an API score close to 900. Luigi Aprea Elementary and Las Animas Elementary. Both close to Santa Teresa Blvd which helps with commute and is close to public transportation.

https://alextafoya.realscout.com/search#zips_95020/stype_ELE…

https://www.alextafoyahomes.com
Hi. We moved to Gilroy 5 yeas ago from hectic Santa Clara, My husband works in South San Jose and he leaves home at 6:15 the latest. His commute is 35/40 minutes and generally smooth. If you need a great realtor I can give you his name and number. He helped us find our ideal home and he is very knowledgeable and patient. He will show you as many homes as you will like and never be pushy, which I found liberating so I could be sure of my best choice.
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014