Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

Bigtrailer, Home Seller in Lodi, CA

Hi Trulia, We have a 66'x12' mobile home built in 1977. We now want to sell it. One owner, purchased new, located in

Asked by Bigtrailer, Lodi, CA Fri Aug 3, 2012

Lodi.

Robert
510-387-23

Answers

4
Hi Jim,

Yes, it needs to be moved. Yes, it has always been on our land, used as an office. We are clearing the property for a potential ground lease tenant. Not in a park, this mobile home has never been in a park. It probably does need some repairs.

Any thoughts?
His park is up in the mountains. too far to haul the trailer. Best of luck finding a taker that is closer.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Hi Robert, I contacted a mobile home park owner that is a possible taker.. He will check out transportation cost to see if it makes sense for him to come down to Lodi to get it. If it does, I'll give you his email and phone #. After that I can not be involved due to the small size of the transaction.. Disclosure: I will not act as an agent for either of you should you guys work out a deal since there would not be enough real estate commission to buy me a hamburger.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Does it have to be moved? Is it on your land? Are you selling the land with it? Is it in a mobile home park? How much is the space rent? Does it need any repairs?

1977. Man that is an old trailer. 35 years old. Not worth much, - probably worth less than your appliances and furniture inside.

Here are a couple of ideas:

http://groups.freecycle.org/LodiCa/posts/all give away

craigslist give away or sell cheap

google "lonnie deal' for mh - to get monthly payments

or; donate to a used vehicle charity. There are dozens of those.

If in a park, sell it to the park cheap.

Offer to sell it on payments to someone who wants to live in it. Make the payments as cheap or cheaper than rent to make the sale.

List it with an agent that specializes in mobile home listings.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Is it in a park? Will you assist in financing?
You might try calling Lisa Boatman at Lyon's West Sacramento office, as she deals in mobile homes: 916 376 8000. It's kind of a specialized business.

Elizabeth Weintraub
Broker-Associate #00697006
Lyon Real Estate