Home Buying in Model City>Question Details

Lisi, Home Buyer in Model City, Miami, FL

Hi, My name is Betty, I live in Melbourne Austaralia i'm interested in this property. How would i go about buying from Melbourne? PLease respond

Asked by Lisi, Model City, Miami, FL Sat Oct 30, 2010

asap I am happy to pay cash, but am not sure about the purchasing process from here. i know that the best way would be for me to travel to Miami and complete the purchase over there. But i am wondering in this day and age, if there is an electronic way of purchasing the property. My mobile (cell phone) number is: 0429 826 502. My home phone number is: 9532 0902. My email is: tchurchill4@bigpond.com or : lisi_suleman@live.com You could cc to lisi. I look forward to hearing from you. Once again i do not need to get a loan from any bank, i will pay up front in cash. I would llike to know if home buyers in the States need to pay "Stamp Duty" a tax, we pay in Australia. If so please give me details of the amount that would be for this property.

Answers

15
Irina Karan’s answer
Hello Betty,

With the exception of a few "old-fashioned" condominiums, who require your presence for a condo approval interview, you don't have to be here in person. The offer can be done via email. The inspection can be done by your agent (and report sent to you). The actual closing can be done via emails as well (then, you Fedex or DHL your original docs).

The closing costs involve many different iitems. Normally, when I start working with a client, I have the closing attorney/title company email my clients the breakdown of costs - so there are no surprises at closing.

Please feel free to get in touch and
Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Hello Betty,

Please feel free to get in touch and
Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
HI Betty,

Seems like you are getting lots of good advice so I wont burden you with more. Good luck and if you stick with Trulia, look for an agent that has the reputation and backing behind them to get the job done.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Lisi,

I saw your posting on Trulia. Prices are unbelievable! We sell property to overseas investors all the time. With a local expert, photos, videos of the home and community, appraisals, inspections, contractor bids, skilled managment, detailed demographics and market analysis it is easy to purchase property.

The important factor is having a knowledgeable broker you trust. I am co-owner with many of the buyers. Basically our interests are aligned, I you don't make money, I don't make money. I've been a broker/owner/investor for 32 years. Never has there been a better time to buy. I sold most of my properties in the early 2000's. When prices first started down in 2008, I almost started buying, many wanted me to invest with them, but I was convinced we had a bigger problem. I started buying in early 2010, got worried a bit in the first quarter that I missed the bottom, but it looks like we've got another 12-18 months of flat and slightly declining prices.

This year my business which had been 90% bank listings, moved to 35% international buyers, probably going to 50%+ next year. Mostly from the Middle East and they keep me quite busy buying 4-8 properties a month. As we look to expand our international client base, the US press indicates Australian buyers have been very active in markets like Phoenix, Las Vegas, South Florida, Detroit, Ohio, and Southern California cities. Of course I am biased in believing Atlanta offers far better returns, opportunity and stability, in addition to being a world class business city, and business capital of the Southeast United States. A benefit for Australian owners is the world’s busiest and most efficient airport providing some of the best access and direct flights to and from your country in the world.

If you are interested in purchasing, referring or partnering on properties in metro Atlanta give me a call

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Internet Professional
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
770-973-9700 Office
404-978-2281 Direct
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceailion
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 20, 2010
Dear Betty,

I have family in Sydney. It is definately a different buying proccess than in Sydney. My brother actually lives there, I know when he bought his place, they had an auction. It's very different. My email address is jen@agentboca.com. YOu don't have to be here ot buy property...everything is pretty much electronic.

I do suggest that you stay away from condos as there are quite a few foreclosures, and some of the monthly maintenance fees can be up to 1500$ dollars a month. Something you need to take in consideration if you do want to buy a condo.

Betty, you can always let me know your needs, ammenities that are important to you, and I would be happy to send you some listings based on your needs. It's a great time to buy as the Australian and US dollar are equal.

Have a great weekend Betty!
Cheers,
Jen Sommers jen@agentboca.com 561.819.2958
Hi Betty, I wish you luck with your purchase and hope you find a Real Estate Agent that can help you. My name is Martha Spillers and I work with Peninsula Title Corp. We have been in business for over 15 years. W are affiliated with the two largest underwriters in the country; Fidelity National Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company. They currently insure our company. When you choose your Realtor, tell them that you want Peninsula Title to handle your closing and give them my name. I assure you peace of mind and a smooth and efficient closing. Good Luck!
Martha Spillers
Peninsula Title Corp.
8726 NW 26 Street Unit 26
Doral, FL 33172
cell # 305.219.1520
Office: 305.500.9938
Fax: 305.715.1011
martha@peninsulatitle.org
http://www.peninsulatitle.org
Hi Betty

I attach a link to an article about Aussie's buying property in the U.S.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/JohnWalin/2010/10/australians_buying_up_…

If you are buying as investment only, better to pool your interests with local investors and involve attorneys. If you want to have a place to visit, you should make the time to spend a week there to know the lay of the land. LOT of risk with not getting clear title and bad HOA's in FL.
What are buying this property for-rental-short or long term or just a place for you to come over and visit. Condo's have monthly fees and houses need upkeep. 80% of buyers look at the internet so you could decide that by pictures. There are many neighborhoods in Miami-Dade County-Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay -Coral Gables-Location matters. Contracts can be emailed and monies can be wired. Make sure you have a real estate lawyer who looks out for too. You don't have to fly over but why not look for a deal and come over. Making a mistake can more costly than not coming over. Call me or email if you want further details.

Pam Mayers
EWM REALTORS
Top 2% in the Nation, Chairmans Club
Cell-305-216-5864
mayers.p@ewm.com
pammayers.com
Web Reference: http://pammayers.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 31, 2010
Hi Lisi,

I have a client in Japan doing exactly what you want to do. I sent him the forms via docusign and he signed them electronically. If you have not already selected an agent, it would be my pleasure to assist you in this process. I can be reach via email at carli@homesbycarli.com or you can go to my website and search like an agent for your property. My website is http://www.homesbycarli.com, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Carli Parrish
Web Reference: http://homesbycarli.com
Betty,
The first step is to work with an experienced Realtor who can search for properties meeting your criteria. There are a few more questions: What type of property - single family or condo? If condo, will you be renting it out (some condo associations have rental restrictions)? Price range?
When purchasing in cash, there are less closing costs and you should purchase title insurance.
The transaction can be completed without your coming to Miami. Properties can be sent to you to review through email (if you want Lisi, who appears lives here, to preview them, that can be arranged), as fas as documents, those can be emailed and taken care of via express mail.
Hope this information helps,
Maria

Maria Carrillo, Broker
AquaSun Realty
mcarrillo@aquasunrealty.com
305-984-3180
Hi Betty,

I am a realtor in Miami. The only stamps that are paid when buying in Florida are the doc stamps on the deed which are paid by the seller, and mortgage and intangible taxes that are ONLY paid by the buyer when obtaining a mortgage. If paying in cash like you would be, then no doc stamps would apply to you. If you send me an email of the property address you are reffering to, I can send you more information on the property. alex@cabreraproperties.com

Alex Cabrera, CDPE
786-380-2383
Florida Realty of Miami
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Hi Lisi,

It's fairly common for US real estate transaction to occur over great distances. Today's technology has made servicing buyer and seller needs from afar quite easily done.

Your primary concern should be whether or not you have accurate information regarding properties you have seen via the internet. There are service providers that post home prices that DO NOT accurately reflect a property's sale price. The best way to access accurate information and get the support you require is to identify an agent that can assist you.

An agent will be able to provide you with properties that meet your specific needs and keep you posted on the local market developments.

We would be happy to help you identify a top agent that can support you in your purchase process and answer all of you questions in the process.

Cheers,

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
hello Betty. i am an agent in miami and my website is http://www.southflahomes.net here you will be able to set up a free account and search our multiple listing service for the south florida area. my email is ididitfirst@gmail.com and my cell phone is 3054902447. if you have google voice, my gv number is 7862501172. hope to hear from you in the near future. Emelda
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 30, 2010
Betty, I'm a realtor in Miami and New York. I'm not sure the type of house you are looking for.
I need more details. You can contact me.
Alfonso Pinzon
pinzonal@hotmail.com
Hi Betty,

I'm not from the Miami but if you type in Miami, Fl up in the city state box then click find a Pro tab it should give you a list of agents in that area you can contact.

Good Luck
Chris Blasic