Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Nneko, Home Buyer in Redwood City, CA

Hi, My husband and I are thinking to move to Austin. We will take a trip to Austin in 2 weeks. We are mid 20s couple, no kid, have a dog.

Asked by Nneko, Redwood City, CA Sun Aug 10, 2014

What are the best part of the city to live in that the house is around/under 300k? We are planning to have kid in the future. Thanks!

Answers

6
I am a young realtor with a husband and two kids ! if you haven't talked to anyone yet give me a call/text and I can send you a few homes in a great area with high school ratings. 512-779-9029
I know you got quite a few responses here. Have you guys made it out here yet to check it out?
Greetings Nneko,

There are so many areas in Austin under $300k. Traffic is rough, so I always ask relocation clients if they know where they will be working. Not saying you should live next door, but finding a home within a 20 minute drive to work will make your life in Austin more enjoyable.

Second to that, I always ask about your lifestyle preferences. What type of house are you looking for? Is age or condition important? Do you like to walk or bike? When you're not home, where do you spend most of your time?

If you're coming to town for a weekend, I'd be happy to show you neighborhoods (view house too) that are in your price point.

I'm partial to South Austin because homes are still affordable. Many neighborhoods have available inventory in the $200-$300K range. Another plus to South Austin... you can get good prices but still be close to downtown, Town Lake, Restaurants and fun stuff. Central Austin, (other side of Downtown) has super cute historic bungalows, but range from $350-700K.

Give me a call and I'll set aside an afternoon to show you around.

Best Wishes,

Carrie Hiner
512-560-6563
http://www.corehomesaustin.com

There are lots of nice kid and dog friendly neighborhoods in your price range and I would be happy to show you around when you visit Austin. Contact me at

512-554-5997
vdordea@austin.rr.com
Vivianne Dordea
Sierra Homes Realty

I was born and raised in Austin, so know the city very well. I would love to show you and your husband some options for your home purchase. You can check out my profile here on Trulia and let me know if I can help you.
Hi Nneko,

There's no simple, straightforward answer to your question. I've helped many young couples looking for exactly what you are asking about. I'd love to help you too.

There are so many factors - where will you and your spouse be working? Do you want to be zoned for good schools now, or could you wait to "move-up" when they are 5 years old? Or would a charter school be an option. Will you be comfortable with an older house that you'd want to update over time? Or do you want move-in ready, new or new-ish? Social life? Biking and hiking?

Check my reviews here on Trulia - http://www.trulia.com/profile/charlesmclagan . I used to live in SF - Potrero Hill, we might get along great. Send me an email at charlie@realtyaustin.com, lets see if I'm the right guy for you!

Charlie McLagan
Realty Austin