Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Su, Other/Just Looking in Phoenix

Hi My husband and I are thinking seriously think about retirering to AZ, trying to find out if Phoenix is the place for us. Regards Sue

Asked by Su, Phoenix Thu Jul 5, 2012

We will be comming from a very small town in WNC, so do not want to be in a very builtup neighbourhood. Smaller single family house

l’s answer
A smaller town would be Florence or Maricopa, both outside Metro Phoenix but with lots of amenities.
Also, New River to the north. Both Florence & Maricopa are in Pinal County, but only a half hour drive to major shopping, etc. Having worked in both cities and lived in Pinal County, I would be happy to assist you.
Hi Su,

I am a relocation specialist and work with retired/retiring people also, and would love to help you out. Phoenix metro area is very large, and I work in the East Valley, where there are some delightful, quiet, out-of-the way neighborhoods with smaller homes on them. The East Valley includes Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Apache Junction, and Queen Creek.

You can't find out if this is the place for you without coming here for a look, as I'm sure you realize, and it will be even better if you meet up with an agent who can take you on a tour to show you some different neighborhoods, not just houses. If you are planning a trip, or perhaps coming in the fall when our winter visitors arrive, it would be a perfect opportunity for me to take you on such a tour.

Please email or phone me at your convenience.

Ann Griffin, REALTOR, ABR, E-PRO
Coldwell Banker Trails and Paths
2913 N. Power Rd., Suite 101
Mesa, AZ 85215
Are you set on Phoenix or would you be open to areas around Phoenix? I would like to suggest that you might consider the Province Community in Maricopa, AZ which is an up and coming community. Province is a 55+ community and offers many features including being a gated community, pools, spas, workout facilities, and many other great features. The neighborhood is very well kept and one of the best neighborhoods in the area. It is way more than just a retirement community. Also, if you like golf there are two great golf courses that are nearby.

If you would like more information on this community then please contact me. I think you would love the area.
There are several areas in Phoenix metro area that will allow to keep that small town feel. I would be happy to take you on a tour of the different communities when you visit Phoenix.

Dawn Richardson
Not only does the Phoenix metropolitan area have many areas that may fit your liking, but also many different types of homes such as Single Family Residences, Townhomes, Patio Homes etc. I would be happy to help narrow down some questions you may have, also provide referrals from some of my out of state/country clients.

Ceil Mills
Liberty One Realty

We moved here from a small town and love it. The weather is wonderful (except of course during the hottest months, but even then, early morning and evenings are still nice and you can enjoy sitting on the patio).

There are some areas on the outskirts that you may want to consider rather than being more centrally located which will give you a more relaxed feeling.

One of the newer communities you may want to look into would be San Tan Valley. It has been very well thought out in the planning stages as it has had the opportunity to see the flaws of the older communities. Queen Creek or Gold Canyon would also be very nice areas for you to consider. The west side has some areas as well, but they are closer to the nuclear power plant and some people prefer not to reside there. If you would like our assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
Ron 602-499-0694

******* Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"

Search the Official, active, FlexMLS for home like we do through our website for FREE at:
Sun Lakes on the east side is a very attractive active adult community - lots of activities, yet you can find small or larger homes on different size lots, some facing open space.
Please call me for more details.
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Come visit! It's the only way you will know if you like it. Come in summer to be real sure! If you need more information or details, I'm at your service.
Actually I live here in the SouthWest Valley of the Phoenix AZ. There are several communities that you may love here that are not the typical hustle and bustle of the city. Goodyear, Buckeye, Surprise or Litchfield Park may be just right for you. Feel free to call or email me anytime to discuss this in detail.

Michelle Minik
West USA Realty
Well if you are looking for a small town, I am not sure Phoenix is right for you. Phoenix Proper is now the 5th largest city in the United States, and the Valley of the Sun is home to more than 3.6 million people.

Now that being said, there are some great small town feeling suburbs of Phoenix where you might feel right at home.

I always believe having a conversation with my clients to find out what all of their needs are is the best place to start.

If you are interested in finding out more about the great places to live in Arizona , please feel free to give me a call.