Jinsmom, Home Buyer in 11746

Hi My husband and I are looking for a home with our 3 young children in the Half Hollow School District.

Asked by Jinsmom, 11746 Sat Jul 25, 2009

Any chance I can find something decent in the $400,000 price range? Is buying a home through a short sale a good idea?

Answers

14
Good afternoon Jinsmom,

I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 25, 2013
There are many fine homes located in the Half Hollow Hills school district in your price range Currently there are seven elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools. Please feel free to contact me so we can discuss the type of home you are looking for and any other criteria.

Patricia Jablon
631-219-5600
Signature Premier Properties
pjablon@signaturepremier.com
There are many fine homes in the Half Hollow Hills school district in the $400,000.'S range. It is a quite a large district with seven elementary schools. I would be more than happy to help you find a home that fits all your criteria. Please feel free to call me on my cell phone at 631-219-5600.

Buying a short sale sometimes require more time then if you were purchasing a home that is not a short sale. It is a process that requires more involvement from the seller and at times there is more than one bank involved. So it can get quite complicated. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Patricia Jablon
Signature Premier Properties
pjablon@signaturepremier.com
I am a Realtor who sells homes in the Half Hollow Hills School District and my children also go that district. Call my cell 516-526-8557 to discuss.

The inventories are getting smaller. This is a very popular school district in Long Island. Please define what you mean by decent? HHH is includes the following towns: Dix Hills, Melville, part of Deer Park, part of Wyandanch, Wheatley Heights, small part of Farmingdale, small part of East Northport,

We have a district map in our office to help you determine the exact elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools the homes are in.

If you let me know specifically the type of home you desire I can help you locate homes for sale. There are condos, townhouses, single family homes in the areas I described above. Prices range from $300k to over $2 million.

SHORT SALE - If you must purchase a home before the school year I do NOT recommend buying a short sale. It is a very long process that I would be happy to exaplin to you on the phone.

Call my cell 516-526-8557. Good luck with your search.

I've lived in the Half Hollow Hills school district since 1980. I know the area well and would be happy to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Al
631 682 6853
nccvbman@yahoo.com
Hi Jinsmom,
Please let me know if need a lender for your loan?
Here at Kiencta Federal Credit Union, we can get you approve for a loan with great benefits;
$500 for closing cost
.625bps on rate (for better rate or use it for closing)
VIP Membership for one year with all benefits!! (banking benefits)
Close loans in 30 days or less.

For pre-approval go to;
http://www.kinecta.org/lquintero

LQUINTERO@KINECTA.ORG
Lbardo Quintero
nmls 380933
949.861.0367
Honestly the 400K range might be a go there are some areas that are still affordable like that

The best to start is

http://www.onesourcewill.com

Your One Source Connection to buy

Please give me a call if you have any questions
How soon are you looking to buyr

Will Roan Lrsp, Realtor
Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc.
631 805 9045
Most likely a high ranch
Flag Wed Sep 18, 2013
You are definitely cutting it a bit close and you will wind up with a smaller home but there is definitely a chance. Most importantly, use a Certified Buyer's Representative or CBR to get you the best deal as well as give you the loyalty and the fiduciary repsonsibility you deserve as the person bringing the money to the table. Remember, without a buyer, there is no sale. All the listings you go to see have a listing agent representing the seller with you paying all the commisions by bringing the sale. You should have representation as well. That is where a Certified Buyer's Representative comes in. Make sure the rep is versed in the area you are interested in and interview a few different people. Make sure you are comfortable with that individual. I am a Trulia and Zillow Pro agent in this area. And by the way, you can also wind up in Half Hollow district in a few other towns.

Good luck on your search.
Andra Matera - 917-750-9855
CBR Licensed NYS RE Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg Realty
office 516-575-7500
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
Find a realtor you TRUST and find it easy to talk to. They would be your best resource for finding what you seek. Short sales can be a way to go depending on your circumstances. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
You can find some thing in the Half Hollw School district priced around 400,000
Wheatley Heights Area .If your interested in taking a look at some homes just give me a call. I work in the Half Hollow School District.
If you have not picked a realtor, I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you. I am a Certified Buyer Representative. The job of a CBR is to represent buyers in order to find the best possible home at the best possible price. If you already have a realtor, ask him or her whether they do buyer's brokerage. I would certainly answer any questions you might have. Good luck in your search.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Hello Jinsmom,
I am a Realtor working in this area I would be happy to assist you with your search for property in this price range and area. I have a property in mind it is not the best condition but if you are willing to do some work it may be just what you are looking for. I believe that short sales are going to start to slow down as the economy starts to get moving and banks may stop accepting this type of bail out. Dont let this deter you though if you find something available with a short sale, all banks are different and may continue to accept offers.You should contact me and I will e-mail you property to review and be more than happy to get you in to view properties.
Nunzio
We are Suffolk Experts. Contact us at http://www.suffolkexperts.com
We are familiar with the properties for sale in the Half Hollow Hills School District #5 and all the surrounding areas!
Jinsmom,
Contact me and I can set up a local real estate agent on Monday with great credentials through our nationwide referral system. The system is free to you, and I can let the new agent know all of your requirements. -john
Web Reference: http://John-B-Wells.com