The normal real estate transaction takes 30-45 days to close. Looking right now (5 months early) may be too soon in my opinion. I'd wait until January to start physically looking, while keeping an eye on things online until then.
I'd also contact a Realtor now to help you get set up with your online search.
1. Deposit money sitting in a real bank account for 60 days.
2. Pre-approval from a real lender who started underwriting
3. Clear list of areas you are considering. Area you have visited.
4. List of "must have" amenities and "would like" amenities.
5. Kick ass realtor who is experienced and professional.
So...should you be looking? If you need assistance...@AskReynet.
Visit AskRey.net for 100% of the MLS Listings!
Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville
I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.
Best of luck!
If the government shutdown occurs tomorrow, Mortgage commitments will take MUCH longer and will delay any home purchase. In addition, all new Federally funded loans will be on hold.
Best of luck with your new home purchase,
Accredited Buyer Representative
914 406 9023
If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax