jennyblender, Home Buyer in Pittsford, NY

Hi, Looking to buy a home in either Brighton or Pittsford (leaning toward Pittsford).

Asked by jennyblender, Pittsford, NY Wed Jan 30, 2013

Anyway, I heard there was a small area that borders both school districts and if you live there you can choose which district to go to. Does anyone know exactly where that is and what streets it encompasses?

Answers

7
My husband and I made this choice last year. We were in a 14618 area code, Brighton address, Pittsford schools. We then moved to 14534 Pittsford area. We like both schools and each has its own strengths. Really the decision is about what type of home do you want? Age and Size play a big factor.. since the types of homes vary greatly between each town. Also what type of lifestyle are you looking for, privacy, sidewalks, close to town, large lot etc.

In regards to the school districts, it is on a street by street basis.

By the way, we moved to the Rochester area from out of state... I understand Relocation and the challenge of finding a community that fits.

Happy to assist in any way.
86 parkway 150 norton st. 426 magnolia st.
Flag Mon May 13, 2013
There may be a few properties where the school district line runs through the lot but, generally, there are no such choices. School district lines are distinct from town lines but they do separate the school districts. The thought of finding an area where the property owner can choose the public school district is not rational. Let me know if I can be of further help.
Peter Brizee REALTOR 585-734-1149 or peter,brizee@gmail,com
i would go with pittsford. best school district and re-sale potential and you can find some good cheaper homes
Jenny;
I actually live in Pittsford and have been helping people finding the right home and location for their lifestyle. There are a couple of neighborhood's that border Pittsford that are in Brighton and Perinton. You should decide which school system would work best for you and your family. If you are interested in what you are looking for, please call me at your earliest convenience!
Jodi Weinberger
Associate Broker
Nothnagle Realtors/Woodstone Custom Homes
Office: 421-5165
jweinberger@nothnagle.com
Jenny: There are a couple of houses on Clover Hills Drive that have that characteristic, but they are not on the market. Why not decide about the school district first and then select a house from a much larger pool of homes? I attended Brighton schools and my girls attended Pittsford schools so I know about both areas. George
Hi Jenny. I believe it is a very small area with just a few homes. It's not likely that a fit for your family will be for sale. Not impossible but not likely. My office is located in Pittsford. We are the largest REMAX office in NYS with over 150 local agents. You can use my website http://www.realestateonthemove.biz to do real estate searches or email me at carmen.lonardo@remax.net. I would be happy to help with your search and questions. Carmen
Jenny, most school districts have their areas mapped out to a "T". For instance in the Farmington/Canandaigua area, children across the street go to Victor while Children on the other side go to Canandaigua. Unless you are sending your kids to a private school or charter school, it is usually already determined which district serves your home.
It might best serve you to check out the schools in the area, I have that information available on my website http://www.Brad-Newton.com. Then decide from there where you will begin your home search. Both schools listed have been in the news regarding their education programs.

If you would like further help determining a good fit for you and your family don't hesitate to call me at 585-236-7780 or email me at BradNewton@Remax.net. I can also give you more information on websites to use to research schools.
I hope that has helped and let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you as a Certified Buyer Representative in your area.

Brad Newton
CBR, SRES, REALTOR
RE/MAX Custom
Fax: 585-500-4517
Email: BradNewton@Remax.net