Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

lb1273, Other/Just Looking in Naples, FL

Hi! Just wondering if Naples is a good place to raise children? or are there close surrounding cities that would be a better option? How are schools?

Asked by lb1273, Naples, FL Mon Jan 28, 2013

Answers

16
There are so many fabulous things for families with children to do here in Naples. Already mentioned are the schools, both public and private choices are available. There are museums, including the Golisano Museum for Children; art classes available at the Von Liebig Art Center; theatre classes at the Sugden Theatre, and don't forget about the outdoors: beaches, rivers for fishing and kayaking, nature trails, the Naples Botanical Garden with its very own butterfly garden. Restaurants choices abound and most welcome children. With the warm, sunny weather nearly year-round, I can't think of a better place to raise children.
There are many great answer here. If you are looking for a great resources to scope out the Naples area and start looking at some real estate I invite you to visit my site: http://www.NaplesHomes.com

Feel free to call me anytime at 239.244.1559 as I would be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Ryan Schwartz, Realtor
White Sands Realty
239.244.1559
Web Reference: http://www.napleshomes.com
I don't have children so it is hard for me to evaluate the school system, except those that I know think so. There are public and private schools too. Any place you move to I always suggest to talk with or check out the school's web site for what you want for your children is specific to your wants. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601 (1/29)
Great town for raising children! Good schools, excellent park district and library...and beautiful weather!
Naples is a great place to raise kids! Super schools, excellent park district and library system. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me! Deb Maxvold John R Wood Realtors.
Naples is the best place to live and raise children. I have raised two small children in Naples and was very satisfied with the schools. We have many good schools in Naples. I have lived in Naples for 42 years.

I will be happy to help you with your real estate needs.

Huguette Nelson, GRI
Prudential Florida Realty
239-641-7692
hugnelson@comcast.net
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so you are already aware of all the wonderful things Naples has to offer.
I look forward to meeting you and assisting you when you arrive.

Claudette Looker- 239-601-6088
Thank u all for the wonderful information! We are from the Chicagoland area and both my husband and I have lived in suburbs our whole lives. This would be a huge leap for us. My dad is a snowbird In Naples and we have visited often. ;)
Naples offers public and private school education from pre-school to grade 12. Although I do not have school-age children, I have spoken with parents who are very pleased with the curriculum, administration and instruction their children receive.
Naples is nice but also consider Cape Coral FL. It is just north of Naples and is one of the safest cities in Florida. I moved here from Maryland with my little girls and could not be happier. I would be happy to help if you have any questions on the area or schools.

Have a great day,
Nancy
Allow me to tell you my personal story. I moved to Naples about 22 years ago with my two young children in tow. They both attended Middle schools and then completed High school without any problems. They both went on to attend a great college and graduated with honors and have now graduated with Masters degrees. I have never looked back, NOR, do I have any regrets of moving myself and my NOW two grown daughters to the Naples area.

Hope this helps you in your decision making process. Please feel free to call me if you would like more information on specific areas of Naples. It is a beautiful city and I call it My piece of Paradise !! 239-601-6088.
Much luck to you and your family.
Claudette Looker
Naples is great, but so are the Bonita Springs/Estero area and South Fort Myers. A lot depends on your price point. Florida Gulf Coast University is in Estero.
If you want to check out Bonita/Estero and Fort Myers, I would love to help you.

Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
http://www.SouthFortMyersDreamHomes.com
Good Morning LB,

Naples is a great place to raise children! Here in SW Florida, Naples is the place to be. There are many great schools to choose from, activities and programs for children, and of course our beautiful climate and beaches. Naples is known as the Crown Jewel of Florida.

Please feel free to use our website http://www.buyandsellswfloridahomes.com and you can get all of the information on our local communities and schools. Please feel free to contact us any time and we will be happy to help you with your relocation to beautiful SW Florida from start to finish. Nobody works harder than we do and Your Satisfaction is Our Business!

The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct Naples
Jimmy 239-877-3194
April 239-384-4663
AprilandJimmy@RealtyDirect.com
Now aren't all of us who live here going to say Yes it's a great place! Otherwise, we'd be living somewhere else! Seriously, it is a great place, and you ask if any of the surrounding cities would be better? I'm including Bonita Springs, Naples and Estero in that mix. Schools range from public that are government operated to charter schools to private ones. Lee County (Bonita & Estero) is an Open Enrollment County, so you can pick the school where you want your children to attend.

You can check them all out on line to get the statistics and any of us would be happy to help you if you find a home in the school district of your choice. Contact us directly if you'd like assistance.

239-405-4300
-
Yes, stay on the Gulf side for raising kids, stay on the ocean side if you want to raise...well, you know! lol

BUT GET PRE APPROVED before you even start looking for a property as prices and going up, but loans are getting harder to qualify for with this DODD FRANK ACT that it killing borrowers ability to get the loans they need to the property they want!

Response from a retail Bank Rep. (hint: the bank has a W and F in their name) after I asked her how many of the below programs they can offer:

....Honestly Steve, after reviewing them, I don’t think we can do any of these. We are pretty vanilla, Straight FHA VA conventional. I will keep your flyer and if I run across anyone we can't help I will send them your way. thanks

1) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK is OK
2) 100% LTV- VA/can pay off debts on purchases too

3) 99% LTV-FHA
4) 96.5% LTV-FHA
5) 97% LTV- No PMI/MI (avoids 1.75% FHA FEE)
6) 95% LTV- No PMI
7) 95% LTV- CONDO purchase
8) 90% LTV- No PMI-2nd Home
9) 90% LTV- JUMBO w/cc

10) 85% LTV- NO PMI Super Jumbo
11) 80% LTV- Invest. Prop.

STATED INCOME ALT loan programs: http://www.StatedIncomeAlt.com

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.

13) 80% LTV- NEW- Stated Income Alt

14) 75% LTV- NEW- Foreign Nationals- Stated Income Alt

15) 75% CLTV-NEW- after Short Sale, BK or Foreclosure

16) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money -Stated Income Alt

17) 60% LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS (by case basis)

18) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS (many programs available nationwide)

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/Florida

http://www.pro-option.com

steve@pro-option.com

Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
==
Naples is a great place to raise kids. The schools are great, park systems offer many things to do and the best part is my kids never get sick due to the climate. I have lived in Naples for 30 years now and wouldn't live anywhere else. If you have specific questions please feel free to ge a hold of me and pick my brain.

Scott Riddle
RE/MAX Affinity
239 289 1849