Home Buying in 33478>Question Details

Andrew, Both Buyer and Seller in Jupiter, FL

Hi, Im selling a condo to a friend privately in Florida and need to know the process without a realtor. Lawyer vs title co or both? contracts? Thanks.

Asked by Andrew, Jupiter, FL Mon Aug 6, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


I don't understand your question. You said you want to know the process "without" a realtor, but you are asking realtors how to sell your house......? It sounds like you need a realtor after all. Why don't you contact one of the agents below, selling your home is a huge financial decision. You don't want to make any costly mistakes by not meeting with an agent in person to answer any and all questions you may have. Asking how to questions on a website is hardly the way to sell a home in today's market. Good luck I hope you are able to find the help you need.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
A professional Realtor's advice is invaluable! We work in tandem with lawyers and title company. Call me today 561-301-1463, best money you'll every SAVE.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 7, 2012

Selling a home is not rocket science, and saving 6% in otherwise forfeited equity for taking care of a few simple tasks of opening the door for inspections does not require some special skill.

Simply go to Office Depot or Staples and get a Real Estate Sales Contract, then contact a title attorney who will review and handle everything.

If consumers only realized how simple selling real esate can be there would be a lot more FSBO saving Millions if not Billions in real esate commissions. But they've been trained to go with the flow out of fear of something they don't need to be fearfull of and realize this after they see how easy it really is.

However, if you would like a real estate agent to write the contract and represent you, I believe you should be able to have this done for about $500 to $800. Some may even do it for less.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
Get a title company and they will take care of the closing if the buyer needs mortgage get a mortgage company. Of course you will have to a a fully executed contract or Purchase and Sale agreement. Title Company will charge you a small settlement fee.
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012

If you would like assistance in preparation of contracts, inspections, association approval appraisal (if required), selecting a closing agent, etc. please feel free to give me a call at your convenience. So much depends on the complexity of the transaction but there are steps that need to be followed to ensure the transaction proceeds smoothly to the closing table.

The very best of luck to you and I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

Keller Williams Realty
561 308-0175
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
If the property being sold is located in Florida, I can refer you to local resources.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group

Let's chat real estate on: http:/www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
I recommend you work with a licensed agent to avoid expensive mistakes. If you already have a buyer in place call some local professionals and negotiate a reasonable fee for their assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
No out of area agent knows the process either, and local agents would be unlikely to give free advice, since you seem committed to not using an agent.
Why not just negotiate with a local agent to coordinate the transaction so you don't make an expensive mistake. Have the fee reflect that the broker didn't need to market the property or find a buyer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
I'm a Florida Mortgage Broker and I would be happy to share all I know about how to sell a property FSBO and some options others have used to get it sold quickly.

Contact me and I'll tell you in 15 minutes, more than what most know after a lifetime!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
Welcome to for sale by owner. If you have a friend in the real estate industry it might be worth asking them for some advice and direction. As a Realtor I would not take on the risk of advising a transaction I'm not a part of.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
I would hope with the most important investment of your life you would seek the advice of a professional Realtor, especially in this day and age, I see the buying and selling, both ends, fall easily if it is not done and followed through correctly. I know good, honest mortgage brokers who can help with the loan process and would leery of anyone advising you to side track without some advice! Realtors basically work for no up front fee and know the challenges to get you sold or help you buy. We are always availalbel to help you with knowledge of our market and real estate consultanting since 1986. Sue Peppler/Steven ONeill Illustrated Properties, 561-315-4763!
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer