John, Home Buyer in Scituate, MA

Hi! I was looking for a rent to own or a property with an assumable mortgage in the 02066 area Thank You John

Asked by John, Scituate, MA Wed Feb 22, 2012

Answers

5
Heath Coker’s answer
In other states these type of arrangements may exist, but in MA they are few and far between as the others have said. You can always submit an offer with the terms you want. If the Seller accepts, you win. In the town of Scituate, however, you may have trouble finding a willing seller because property actually sells there.

One thing to look for in making your offers, how long a property has been for sale. Also, run the title online and see what they owe. Someone who owes very little may be more open, because the rent payment might cover their loan payment.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 22, 2012
Hi John,

I am familiar with a couple of homes here in Scituate, Ma that the sellers would possibly consider rent to own since their homes are vacant and have been on the market for a considerable amount of time. Please feel free to contact me if you would like further information. Thanks,

Michelle Anne Murphy
Jack Conway Realtors
80 Front Street
Scituate MA 02066
Tel: 781-545-4100
Fax: 781-545-9772
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 22, 2012
Hi John and everyone else in this position. I am a FSBO with possible availability in the fall more likely Spring of 2013. What price range are you looking at? Mary
Hi John!

I did a quick search in the mls in that zip code and nothing comes up. Since a seller will typically make this decision case-by-case your best bet would be to post on craigslist. Otherwise you can try to contact a buyer broker and ask if they would send out out a mass email to all the agents with listings on the market in that zip code and see if any of their seller clients would be interested in a R2O.

Good luck!!
WOW, do you want it to have a pool and hot tub with mountain views too? Asking for a rent to own is a needle in a haystack these days but to ask for an assumable loan is like asking for a needle in a hayfield. Assumable loans themselves are hard to find anymore.