Home Buying in Brockton>Question Details

emeeme1, Home Buyer in Brockton, MA

Hi, I put an offer on a home on the east side of Brockton. Is it a safe area. I have never lived in Brocton before. Thanks for your help

Asked by emeeme1, Brockton, MA Tue Jul 30, 2013

Add some detail about your question

I've lived on the East side for over 40 years. I live near Routes 14 and 27 - a stones throw from the East Bridgewater, and Whitman lines. It used to be wonderful here but not any more. Too much development going on. There are NUMEROUS development projects that are in the works including a proposed Mosque, 35 + residential units going in just up the street and in the other direction Massasoit Community College is expanding onto a busy intersection on Crescent St. New homes and buildings are being jammed into every possible nook. This area of Brockton is congested as it is and it appears to be booming out of control. So don't think that what you see now will be what it will be like in 1-2 years. It's all changing and not for the better. We have hundreds of vacant houses for sale in Brockton but woods and green areas are being destroyed by over-develpoment.. I'd check it all out first if I were you. Your house value will be lower once all this mess is completed. Once all this development starts you might find numerous homes for sale in the area. Brockton sells out it's long time residents in favor of development. So thoroughly check out what projects are in the works for your area.
i put offer in one house in Brockton but they can't find what yeas for the roof.I like the house ,but I don't want to do the roof in 2 or 3 years.what is the best think to resolv this problem?
The best way to resolve this issue is to get a home inspection done on the property and team up with a buyer's agent who can assist you through the whole process at no charge to you. A buyer's agent like myself will help you if you run into more issues, guide you through the process and negotiate the best deal for you. A home inspector will not only let you know the estimated life span of the roof, but will identify other major and minor issues on the property that will allow you to make a better decision with the property you are buying. I will be more than happy to be of great service to you. Feel free to contact me.
Flag Sat Mar 29, 2014
Depends what street you purchased on
A buyers agent costs you nothing.
Drive around and meet people.
Ask those who live there.
Interview the school professionals, coaches, etc.
Park in a neighborhood and see who notices you sitting there in your car.
Walk and talk.

Of course choosing a local real estate pro can help you save a lot of time.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)