chazahma, Real Estate Pro in Monroe, NC

Hi I'm wondering where can I look for house closer to NYC? Thanks

Asked by chazahma, Monroe, NC Thu Dec 19, 2013

Answers

6
How close do you want to be? Criteria? Thanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Dear Chazahma,
I do feel Scranton is a little far for a daily commute East Stroudsburg, Stroudsburg and Tannersville area are 90 minutes from NYC and that makes it more reasonable. We have a lot of commuters taking the bus and driving, I was one of them for many years. There are some nice homes and some with lakes and streams.
The Pocono Mountains Region have a lot to offer.
Call me and we can discuss your needs.
Ed
Scranton is approximately 121 miles from NYC!

That's over a 2 hr drive......not exactly commuting distance , but close enough if you want to make a day or overnight trip out of it.........is that what you're looking for?......is that "close enough" to NYC for you?

The bus will take closer to 3 hrs.
I'm living in Wisconsin and thinking of relocating, buy a second homes in PA to reside. I'm thinking of possibly Scranton by the lake or stream? I would like the cheapest I could get less than $200K? I could do bus or train or drive … whichever is more convenience / easier access.
I think you need to post this question under "Home Buying in Scranton, PA"
Flag Thu Dec 19, 2013
Well, you could look for a house in my area of NJ, however, I would need to know what your needs are.........

will you be commuting for work to Manhattan? Do you prefer bus, car or train?.......my area is about 17 miles away - a 35 min train ride or 40 min bus ride..........

finally - the biggest unanswered question is.................what is your price range?
You need to provide more information, such as how close, will you need public transportation, NJ or NY price range etc.The point is, more information is needed to assist you.