Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Morris, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Hi, I'm thinking of relocating to Florida, possibly the Miami area. What are the safe neighborhoods to live in?

Asked by Morris, San Francisco, CA Mon Mar 18, 2013

Waterfront would be great, but not required. I also like to mountain bike, so if there are trails around the area, that would be a plus. I'm looking to raise a family, so safety and good schools are very important.

Answers

21
Morris, since everyone else is focused on the homes, let me focus on the bike riding. My favorite ride here is the loop at Shark Valley in the Everglades. It's about 16 miles, past alligators, tourists, and the occasional roseate spoonbill. For extra drama, try going on one of the moonlight rides. Other than avoiding the gators and tourist trams, understand that the ride is completely flat (like just about everything else in this part of Florida.)

Another favorite activity for bikers is joining Critical Mass for their long urban rides. (I admit, not my cup of tea,but I know many folks who enjoy it). I prefer biking in more rural areas.

Doral has some spectacular homes, in great gated communities. Most of those communities will have a lake or canal, as they're necessary for drainage. Doral offers a variety of great public, charter and private schools depending on your preferences. There is also a local network of bike trails, which mostly follow the streetside canals. Just this week I spotted eight manatees in one of the canals, which was truly spectacular.
Safe neighborhoods with good schools that have homes within your description and price range are Palmetto Bay, Sunset, Kendall, West Kendall. Some advice as I am a teacher for the school district- in most cases you will be able to get your child into a good school or if your child applies for one of the academies at a school they can get into a public school of choice that way as well.
Cheers Morris ... here is hoping I'm your number one choice ... time is of the essence, inventory is getting low and prices are on the upswing. It is important to coordinate your visit to South Florida for a couple of days to visit only property that matches your criteria and has been already previewed/veted by your agent as not to waste your time. What you want/need is available but not in large quantities. Single family always a good choice, a shared community? take the time to read the small print on the Rules and Regulations ... every small detail matters at the time of making the right decision but rest assure you will be in a safe pair of hands. Again, I thank you in advance for your time and kind consideration. My cell phone: (305) 588-4420 and e-m: RealtorElena1822@gmail.com. Thanks! E!
Morris. I want to guide you properly but you need to factor in where you might be employed at. If you live in Miami and find a job in Fort Lauderdale, then your commute could take hours due to traffic. I suggest you tell me first what is your profession so I have an idea where the jobs are. And budget is an important factor in determining a neighborhood that meets your budget. Then I can send you properties for you to choose and see with me. Doesn't that make sense? If so then please contact me. There are many areas to recommend but these factors are important considerations. Lets not put the cart before the horse
Paul Heller
Prudential Florida Realty
19056 N.E. 29th Avenue
Aventura, FL 33180
Paulheller@bellsouth.net
Cell 954-559-6411
Office 305-749-1583
To search for properties, go to my website at http://www.SoFlaBeachHomes.com
I will recommend the city of Doral, the city is family oriented, great opportunity for new business investor, the best school in the county, plenty of public parks and a little bit of everything like: restaurants, shopping malls, bar and nightlife, and everything else is just a few miles away like Miami Airport.
I believe the decision between "Boca or Miami" is not going to happen long distance, take a little vacation.
Thanks, I need guidance because I don't live there. I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction and find some homes that are worth making a trip for. Then I'll fly out and see the homes in person and hopefully find what I am looking for.
Cheers Morris ... here is hoping I'm your number one choice, time is of the essence, inventory is getting low and prices are on the upswing. It is important to coordinate your visit to South Florida for a couple of days to visit only property that matches your cirteria and has already been previewed/veted by your agent as not to waste your time. What you want/need is available but not in large quantities. Single family always a good choice a shared communitiy? take the time to read the small print on Rules and Regulations, every small detail matters at the time of making the right decision, but rest assure you will be in a safe pair of hands. Again I thank you in advance for your time and kind consideration. My cell phone:(305)588-4420 , my e-m: RealtorElena1822@gmail.com. Thanks! E!
Flag Fri Mar 22, 2013
Morris, the first decision you need to make is to stick to a location, an agent truly knowledgeable of the Miami market sections cannot possibly specialize in the Boca Raton residential market. As far as specializing in waterfront properties other than ocean front properties, I can't wait to see what others have to say...I will roll on the floor laughing if anybody states on this public forum that they specialize in fresh water front homes in Miami Dade, that will be a first ;)
Hi everyone, I am trying to narrow down the agent selection. I am looking for an agent who works with water front areas, but not necessarily the ocean. I am happy with a lake view if available at my price. I work from home, so my only commute is normally to a biking trail, shopping, dining, etc. I would like to be located within 30 minutes of more than one biking / hiking trail if that is possible.

I enjoy architecture that is detailed with artistic flair. I prefer the Mediterranean style with a lot of character. I was looking online at Boca Raton, but I noticed many of those homes require a fee for the golf course. I like to golf, but I don't need to be on the course and pay a $50K view fee.

If you specialize in water fronts, please comment. I'm hoping to stay under $450K. I prefer 2 stories with at least 1700 square feet and a garage. I am open to a pool since many homes have them in the area. I'm interested in finding a single family home or second choice would be living in a shared community setting with a gym, pool and lake, etc.
Cheers Morris .... here is hopping I'm your number one choice ... time is of the essence, inventory is getting low and prices are on the upswing, it is important to coordinate your visit to South Florida for a couple of days to visit only properties that match your criteria and have been already previewed/veted by your agent as not to waste your time. What you want/need is available but not in large quantities. Single family a good choice a shared community? take the time to read the small print on Rules and Regulations ... every small detail matters at the time of making a decision but rest assure you will be in a safe pair of hands. Again, I thank you in advance for your time and kind consideration ... my cell phone: (305) 588-4420. Elena G.
Flag Fri Mar 22, 2013
Hello, there are a lot of safe places in Miami area. If you want more information about it, you can reach me by email marilindiaz@gmail.com or by text message to my phone 3056390445. Good luck and best regards Maria D Diaz ( Coldwell Banker)
There are many safe areas where you can bring up a family with good schools. Where do you plan to work so I have an idea of your commute time? Do you like newer homes in gated communities versus older homes near the beach? And what is your price point...number of bedroom's etc.> Then I can narrow down the neighborhoods for you. I am also an avid bicyclist so I can advise of bilking trails.
Please contact me at:
Paul Heller
Prudential Florida Realty
19056 N.E. 29th Avenue
Aventura, FL 33180
954-559-6411 cell
305-749-1583 work
305-932-6355 fax
PaulHeller@Bellsouth.net
TRC, CSMS, E-Certified,REO Specialist
If you are looking to buy or sell property, go to my website at http://www.SoFlaBeachHomes.com
Do you know anyone who needs real estate advice? Please feel free to contact me
Consider the SW Coast of Florida. Particularly the Ft Myers area. Great pricing, area, schools, etc, etc, etc.
The entire City have is full of possibilities and great School District including Charter Schools, Magnet School. Some areas have mountain bike like Kendall Area, Key Biscayne, etc. Need help in specific search call me 305 519-3199
Good morning,

I would be happy to assist you with your relocation plans. I have a large portfolio of homes in different areas, matching different budgets. I can go and preview properties for you and prepare additional materials like images, virtual tours, 360 panoramas inside, outside, neighborhood area etc. etc.

Depending on your life style and preferences I can recommend different areas. Please kindly contact me directly at meg@viviendarealtors.com or call me at 305.877.2880.

thanks and regards,
Meg Sahdala
Vivienda Realty

E-mail: meg@viviendarealtors.com
Tel: 305.877.2880
Fax: 305.675.3976
http://www.PerfectFloridaProperties.com
Thanks for the opportunity Morris ! Here we go: the concept of what Safe Neighborhood is very subjective, and will depend on the criteria of each individual. I suggest you make use of the available data, such as Local Neighoborhood Police Precints' Crime Reports, Internet based information on Municipality's statistics, an old drive by the targeted neighborhood on a weekday at 7 PM, and on a Weekend day, among others, to make your own judgment. Waterfront is not a big issue, since there is plenty of inventory by the beach. Good Schools districts is public information, and it is rather easy to be obtained. I am a Broker, working as a Broker Associate for a national company in Miami, with more than 10 years experience in the business, besides speaking Spanish and Portuguese. I would be delighted with the opportunity to help you find a fine house for you and your family.
Please contact me at:

Leonardo da Motta (Leo),
Broker Associate
First Service Realty/ Real Living
Doral, Florida
Cell : (305) 205- 8912
Fax.- (305) 471-0885
Email : LeoMiamiRealtor@gmail.com
Check out the "Local Info" tab at the top of the page. Trulia has stats on neighborhoods, local activities such as mountain biking, schools and crime.
There are many safe areas in Miami Dade, feel free to contact any of our professional Agents so they can send info on the best area according with your criteria. Want to live north Dade or South Dade? Bedrooms? Price Range?
786 429 0811
Yaffe International Realty
Hello Morris, please visit http://www.miamidade.gov you will find lots of helpful information including, safety, recreation, social services, transportation and much more. Public school rating and locations can be reviewed at http://www.dadeschools.net

Miami is a wonderful City and I would love the opportunity to guide you through the home purchasing process.

Please feel free to visit my profile, review my recommendations, Voices Activity and send me an email detailing what your expectations are in this new Real Estate acquisition.
Mr. Morris: Welcome to the Sunshine state!! It is tons of fun! Kids?? good schools? not a problem! plenty to choose from ... Disney World just few hours away ... romantic getaway with your spouse? Key West is an hour away and it is a delight to rest and have fun ...I'm a Realtor and a runner so I can tell you there is plenty of places to exercise and ride your bike. I'm a resident of the Coconut Grove area (please Google it!) so any area near the Grove, as we call it, is perfect for a young family, Coral Gables (a Spanish inspired/ style city) is also a good option, to consider too, the Biscayne area ... I just helped relocate a young couple from San Diego (Coast Guard transfer) and they love their new place and new sorroundings ... I understand there is a time zone difference but feel free to contact me at any time of your convenience ... looking forward to a 415 area code phone call ... will love to assist you ... my cell (305) 588-4420. Best Regards, Elena G.
Hi Morris,

Miami has several neighborhoods that offer the combination of factors you are looking for. There are many options from single family homes and condos in the Key Biscayne, Coral Gables, Pinecrest and Coconut Grove areas.

I would be more than happy to assist you in your search and you can contact me at your convenience.

You can reach me at 305-773-3665 or at manuel@casabelarealty.com

Looking forward to it!

Manuel F. Arias
REALTOR®
Hey Morris,

Coral Gables, South Miami, Miami Beach, Doral, Palmetto Bay. You have a safe neighborhoods all over Miami. Let me know what sort of home you are looking for, and I would be able to assist you better.