Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

arsalan faru…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Hi, I'm planning to buy a property. I want to rent it out after a year. which zip codes should I be focussing on?

Asked by arsalan faruqi, Houston, TX Fri Mar 28, 2014

Answers

6
Hi Arsalan.

Obviously the ideal area depends on your budget and criteria. I have a couple areas right around the Loop I would recommend. Inside the Loop values are skyrocketing and demand is high which is helping these on the edge areas see spillover interest. They're seeing significant growth in value now, which will continue to push up property values and rents. And, they are zoned to excellent, in demand, schools which adds to their desirability with renters. I'd be happy to work with you and send you information on what's available for sale, as well as what rentals are listed, so you can get an idea of the market in each neighborhood.

Tawnya Marney
Champions Real Estate Group
(281) 687-7486
tlmarney@outlook.com
Hi Arsalan
Houston is an excellent city to invest in. There are many areas each with pros and cons to consider. Best thing to do would be to contact a Realtor and go over a your options before you make a decision. I work with a lot of investors as I manage properties as well. Please feel free to email me at abbas@omnirealtyonline.com or 281-831-5959
Look in the areas along the new grand parkway in northwest Houston. Expected growth as commuting gets a bit easier.77095, 77433, 77429 are some of the zip codes. Cy-Fair, Katy and Tomball schools.

Be careful with your mortgage. If you apply for a loan as if you were going to live in the home long term, then turn around and lease it would likely be a violation of your loan agreement. Investors get loans under different rules than those buying for personal use. Investors typically are required to put more money down, etc.

Let us know if we can assist you. I live in this part of Houston and have been selling her for over 21 years.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Burney is right, there's a demand in that part of town. The zip code 77084, 77449 or 77493 is high in demand as well since that area is currently developing and a lot of people are moving westward. It's got good school districts, Katy or Cy-Fair ISD. If you are interested and would like to discuss further, please feel free to let me know.

I can be reached at 281-907-3819 or Tou.angel@yahoo.com.

Angel
Please give me a call. I have some excellent suggestions for rental/investment opportunity in the Houston Galleria area. There is high demand in this part of town.

Burney Martin
Keller Williams Metropolitan
(832) 389-7177
jandb2@bellsouth.net
Much depends on your budget. At the moment, rentals are in short supply, and such is likely to continue for quite some time. There's also a significant variance within Zip Codes. As an example, you can purchase a 3/2/2 nicely renovated home 77096/77035 anywhere from the mid-2's well into the 7's. Rentals are generally figured as about 1% of the purchase price. So if you'll let me know what you can spend, I can better assist you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Hi Arsalan.

Tawnya Marney
Champions Real Estate Group
(281) 687-7486
tlmarney@outlook.com
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014