Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Olivia, Other/Just Looking in 60639

Hi, I'm having a dispute with my neighbor and need a plat of survey to settle the issue. Unfortunately, I never received one at closing because

Asked by Olivia, 60639 Tue Jan 1, 2013

the owner was not obligated to provide me with one. Could someone tell me where I might find one? How much I could be looking to pay? I appreciate your help.

Answers

5
well if you want text me your number and ill give you the number to a good and propably the most resonible price/most compaines will try to take advantage of the situation i used the yellow pages i paid like close to 300 for mine and there were places trying to charge me as much as 1400 so be careful
fernando
7733776080 thanks
Flag Tue Feb 25, 2014
Hi: I'm in a similar situation, I just closed on a HUD property and they did not provide a copy of the Plat Survey....will need one by the end of November 2013.

JoAnn
Flag Mon Nov 11, 2013
There are a couple of ways to get a plat of survey. When you purchased the property it had to be surveyed and at closing time a copy of that survey would have been given to you. Alternatively, you can hire a surveyor to survey your property.
If you never got a plat, which you should have at the time of purchase at the closing table, but now that you do not have one, you will have to hire a surveyor, and there are many in the city of Chicago, pay the fee and they will survey the lot and provide you with a new plat survey....

Good Luck
Hope this helps
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
You can call a survey company. They average about $500.
Cost for a plat of survey should be $400-500 for a standard chicago lot.

Try pricing this company: http://www.surveyorsland.com/

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty and Development
Cell 773/368-5515
Email esachs@rpvinc.com