Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

J, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Hi, I'm from Malaysia. I am interested in homes around Brasfield Sq, Atlanta. What are the prices ranging for a 3-4 bedroom house/townhouse?

Asked by J, Atlanta, GA Sun Mar 17, 2013

I don't have a visa as for now. Should I decide to invest in a property in the US, can I apply for a resident visa? And what about mortgage... say my downpayment would be 30% of the property price would I be able to get a loan? Once I get to Atlanta, I would also like to send my children to public schools, what are the schools in the area and how much would it cost for elementary and middle schooling? Appreciate an enlightening response.

Answers

2
You can buy a property in Atlanta or anywhere in US without being a US citizen. However, although not a loan expert, I doubt that you will get a loan without a legal status of any kind, social security, Tax returns for at least two years and credit history in America. To the best of my knowledge it will have to be a cash purchase. Once you are able to move here then the schools are free up to 12th grade. But merely owning a property does not get you the visa or right to reside here. To get a more accurate visa information, I suggest you consult an immigration lawyer.
Applying for a visa is a separate activity from buying property in the US. You can buy property in the US without being a resident, and owning property in the US does not give you the right of residency.

Public schools are free.

For expert advice, find a Certified International Property Specialist Realtor® here:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateagents/Atlanta_GA#/designat…