Brenda Gomez, Home Buyer in Baton Rouge, LA

Hi I have a question I am foreign and I have several years living here in America my question is I can buy a house if I'm still processed my immigrati

Asked by Brenda Gomez, Baton Rouge, LA Thu Nov 29, 2012

Answers

3
Brenda, you can definitely buy a property. Financing and cash can both be options. I would suggest talking with a loan officer to see what exact programs you may qualify for. Rates are LOW so now is a great time to buy in Baton Rouge.

Feel free to let me know how I can help!

Daniel Engle
225-456-7812
Engle Realty REALTOR®
2552 Nicholson Drive Suite A
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Daniel@EngleRealEstate.com
Languages: English/Mandarin Chinese/Korean
http://www.DanielEngle.com
Yes you may purchase a home even if you aren't a US citizen. All you have to do is meet the qualification guidelines of the financial institution that you choose. Please email me your contact information and a time to reach you and I would be glad to help you start this simple process.
While there are many misconceptions about what someone from outside the US can and can't do in Real Estate in America, the process is much simpler, and less complex than in most countries. Many who aren't citizens buy homes every year in the US. The biggest difference is that many banks and mortgage lenders' guidelines differ for foreigners and you may have to present a higher down payment if applying for a mortgage before becoming a citizen. The best thing to do is talk to a qualified, local mortgage professional.

If you'd like assistance with any part of the process, feel free to call.

Mike Denham
The Geaux Big Realty Team @ ProSold Realty
4735 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
225-573-0999