Francesca P., Home Buyer in Whittier, CA

Hi, I had a real estate agent that specialized in VA home loans, unfortunately, it didn't work out and I am back to square one.

Asked by Francesca P., Whittier, CA Thu May 29, 2014

Does anyone know real estate agents that specifically help veterans. We are first time home buyers looking in the North Orange County area.

Thank you.

Answers

5
When searching for the right agent make sure they have a strategy on how to make your VA offer look strong. I am not talking about over paying but strengthening your offer with verbiage an using disclosures available that will tell the seller that you mean business ready to perform and will close the transaction if given the opportunity. This also includes a lender that is able to work well with the real estate agent make sure the lender and agent relationship is good as this could jeopardize the transaction should one have a chip on their shoulder. The agent and lender can work together to find the perfect strategy in making a strong offer even if your offer is not the highest.

I wish you the best in your search.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss more, if you are not currently working with an Agent.

David Rodriguez | Matisse Realty
BRE 01512215
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2014
Try hiring an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2014
Funchesca-
As much as I would love to help you, there is an agent in my office that specializes in working with Veteran buyers.
Please contact me, and I would be happy to refer you. He closed over 25 transactions last year, and most of these were Veterans.

Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
714-914-5097
realtornicolef@gmail.com
http://www.nicolefedorchek.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2014
I have helped Veterans purchase a home utilizing a VA loan. Do you know that VA is not a lender but and insurer? The VA insures the value of a property up to 27% of the loan against loss in value. Buying with a VA loan will require patience. You may end up having to write more than one offer depending on the property and the local market. It will require a strategy. Anyways, we can discuss all of these things if you choose to reach out to me. Feel free to check out my profile here on Trulia. This will give you a feel for the level of service that I provide.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
Hi Funchesca,

My ex-brother in law was a Master Gunnery Sergeant in the Marines, and one of the licensed home inspectors that is frequently used by my clients is an Army veteran. I have worked with first time home buyers that have been in the service. Feel free to look at my profile on Trulia.

Let me know if I can be of service.

Von
Thank you Von, I will look at your profile.

Francesca
Flag Thu May 29, 2014