Jennifer DeM…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Hi, I am undecided about becoming a 1st time buyer or continuing to rent and am wondering about the overall safety of certain Bklyn neighborhoods

Asked by Jennifer DeMarco, Brooklyn, NY Tue Aug 2, 2011

I'm coming from the E. Village (been there 11 yrs) and am wondering if I should now buy a coop. I like Ditmas Park (love pre-war apts with original detail!) and am eyeing one on Bedford and Glenwood but am wondering about the safety of the neighborhood as it seems to get sketchy as you near Flatbush... Any ideas about the safety here?

Answers

6
M’s answer
call me 917-682-5133- there are many safe, up and coming and hoping areas in brooklyn. i have a bunch of listings in prime brooklyn areas. if you want i can give you more information about any neighborhood you need! good luck in your apartment search, i hope it works out
You may visit my web site http://www.brooklynrealestatenyc.com Click neighborhood scroll down to the page under further reading click homefacts.Also you may call police station. Thank you.
Safety first! Contact your local Police Dept. and they will be able to honestly answer the safety question. If you are qualified to buy, the selection of properties available at this time with the interest rates offered make it irresistable. If you need assistance in finding an agent to guide you and join in the adventure, I will seek out the finest Re/max agent in your area for your consideration and pass it along to you. Take the steps that change your future! You deserve it!
When it comes to any safety concerns, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information is the local police department, consider a visit/call and ask all your questions; if unfamiliar with the areas, it's always a good idea to visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, then make your determination, where will your comfort level best be reached.
Dear Jennifer:

The question you are asking is a matter of personal preference, only you can decide! I would suggest you do research on the neighborhood, for example you can go on Google and investigate crime rate statistics in the areas you like. Also, try to find people you may know who live in the area and see what they have to say about it. You should also spend some time in the area, check out the commute, shopping and schools if applicable. You may want to visit the area late at night and hang out for a while to see what is happening in the area at that time.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
It depends on you. Its not the really the neighborhood. There are lots of good people all over the place.